Need help to design topology

ayseafayseaf Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

I am going to prepare to get my ccna and ccnp R&S , i have alot of hardware and looking to design topology to help me in my study ccna and ccnp so i can study routing and switching .
I am posting here becuase ccie guys have more experinse and they can help me .
The hardware i have :

4x2821 with wic-2t & wic-1dsu-t1 each
2x2811 with wic-1dsu-t1 & wic-2t each
2x1841 with wic-1t & wic-1dsu-t1 each
2x1841 with wic-1t
3x3560 switch
2x2960 switch
1x2621xm with wic-1t
1x2621xm with wic-4a/s & 2xwic-1t
1x digi cm 32 access server

Let me know if someone can help

Thanks

Comments

• clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    might as well put together the ccnp tshoot topology.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/6741-102-1-23100/TSHOOT%20Exam%20Topology.pdf

use 4 routers, and set another up as your frame relay switch. going to have to more a few wics around.
    use 2 2960's for your access switches and 2 3560's for your distribution switches

bgp is out of scope for ccna. but, your going to learn a lot setting that up
  • ayseafayseaf Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    clarson wrote: »
    might as well put together the ccnp tshoot topology.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/6741-102-1-23100/TSHOOT%20Exam%20Topology.pdf

use 4 routers, and set another up as your frame relay switch. going to have to more a few wics around.
    use 2 2960's for your access switches and 2 3560's for your distribution switches

bgp is out of scope for ccna. but, your going to learn a lot setting that up

now yje new ccna need bgp too
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ayseaf wrote: »
    Hello

I am going to prepare to get my ccna and ccnp R&S , i have alot of hardware and looking to design topology to help me in my study ccna and ccnp so i can study routing and switching .
    I am posting here becuase ccie guys have more experinse and they can help me .
    The hardware i have :

4x2821 with wic-2t & wic-1dsu-t1 each
    2x2811 with wic-1dsu-t1 & wic-2t each
    2x1841 with wic-1t & wic-1dsu-t1 each
    2x1841 with wic-1t
    3x3560 switch
    2x2960 switch
    1x2621xm with wic-1t
    1x2621xm with wic-4a/s & 2xwic-1t
    1x digi cm 32 access server

Let me know if someone can help

Thanks

I would keep the 2 3560's and 2 2960's for NP switch and sell the rest. Do the rest in GNS3. All new Cisco students get caught up in the romance of having a "big" Cisco lab. They are big, noisy, use a lot of power and take forever to clear configs when you screw up. You can do your whole CCNA on packet tracer. Further along I get in my Cisco career the more I want to virtualize everything and not be so cluttered. I had a production BGP issue with Flex VPN cutover just yesterday where I was able to replicate it in GNS3 and fix the issue within minimal service disruption. Nice to be able to spin up a router on VM in under a minute and start banging away. We have a monster lab at work that I could do it on but by the time I walk over to the lab and fire everything up I could of had it done on GNS3.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just signed up for VIRL. I'm excited to start messing with it.