Options

Passed OSWP

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Got my email saying I passed this morning.
I took the exam Sunday evening.

I enjoyed the course, and the exam. It makes me want to take something else more challenging.

Ill be posting a review this week.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm Jelly.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! If you want more of a challenge how about the OSCE?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    One of my coworkers is about to start OSCE. I dont know that I want to get that heavy into asm.
    I may try and get into either GPEN or GXPN.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, well done!
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow congrats brother! Wishing you the best on your next adventure :)

How long was your journey for OSWP? did you find it difficult?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    chrisone wrote: »
    Wow congrats brother! Wishing you the best on your next adventure :)

How long was your journey for OSWP? did you find it difficult?
    Thanks.
    It wasnt difficult at all. It was very straight forward. I enjoyed the course and exam.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)

I've been thinking about doing this certification and course work. Did they cover WPA2 a good deal? I looked on the syllabus and it didn't look like it was covered compared to WPA.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

I don't think WPA2 is covered in any detail - at least it wasn't when I did the course. It was an enjoyable course but a huge shame that WPA2 still isn't covered. Considering most routers now use WPA2 by default, it really needs an update imho.
  • Options
    Yea, I got told by someone that it needs to be updated but people look for this certification as well. So I thought it would help to get it and get passed the HR filter. Having the OSCP is something that I would like to get but I would need way more free time. I was thinking about working on this certification and filling the gaps with the Wifi portion of the eCPPT course.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    WPA/WPA2 is covered, just not very heavily.
    I really wish it would have gone into WPA2 Enterprise, as I just did an assessment with WPA2 Enterprise.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    After OSCP, GPEN is a joke. Don't waste your time or money. I've still heard good things about GXPN though.
  • Options
    @MrAgent,

Do you have a lab set up for further wireless pentesting? Did the labs cover WPA2 or was it just text?

I'm going to purchase two wireless routers this weekend so I can play around with wifi more. Did you buy the recommended access points from the website?

I'm not trying to take away from the review.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    I had a couple of old routers I used. I only had to buy an Alpha card.
    The lab treated WPA and WP2 the same.

@BlackBeret I also plan on doing GXPN in the future as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know MrAgent! :)
    Booya!!