Options

Had a great interview... But I have questions.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Good evening all.

Perhaps someone can help me out a little? I had an interview in the last week of August. It was a phone interview with a large company that is based out of the United Kingdom but has a division in the US. I didn't ask during the interview (I'm kicking myself in the foot on this one!) what the turnaround time would be in regards to a hiring decision since the first interview was semi informal. However, when I was interviewing, the interviewee asked whether or not I would be around the next day as the VP of HR was in my town. I never heard back.

Okay, let's skip ahead to a couple of weeks ago. I sent an e-mail asking how my application process was going, etc etc. They e-mailed back the next day apologizing that I hadn't heard back from them - they're going through a large acquisition process currently and that the next step was to schedule a Skype interview and then fly me out to their HQ in the US. I e-mailed back and said that I was available, but haven't heard anything back. Now I'd like to think of myself as a patient person, but I am not. Ha.

So, the question is, when do I email them back again? I do have their phone number. Perhaps they're just really busy with this acquisition and are unable to call me? Either way, I'd like to give them a call to see how everything was going and what their expectation were on setting an interview etc.

Do we have anyone that's a hiring manager on there? If so, what's your input on my situation?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't annoy the people you're trying not to annoy. It doesn't sound like they've written you off, but they're taking some time due to other situations. I don't know what the specific timeline is, but I'd say checking in once every two weeks is acceptable. And don't go with the BS I hear all the time of "I've got other offers on the table and need to know soon." Bear with them, but I'd keep looking elsewhere in the meantime. Doesn't sound like anything's going to materialize soon
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    It was a phone interview with a large company that is based out of the HQ but has a division in the US.

HQ is the country code for Howland Island, which is uninhabited.
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    So, the question is, when do I email them back again? I do have their phone number. .... I'd like to give them a call to see how everything was going and what their expectation were on setting an interview etc.

I wouldn't, I would wait at least a few weeks before attempting to contact them again. Large companies can take months to go through the hiring process, without going through a major reorganization.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Oops, corrected, my apologies. They're based out of the UK.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Don't annoy the people you're trying not to annoy. It doesn't sound like they've written you off, but they're taking some time due to other situations. I don't know what the specific timeline is, but I'd say checking in once every two weeks is acceptable. And don't go with the BS I hear all the time of "I've got other offers on the table and need to know soon." Bear with them, but I'd keep looking elsewhere in the meantime. Doesn't sound like anything's going to materialize soon
    You're correct on taking their time. Just seemed like they were looking for someone immediately since they asked if I was available the very next day. I sent an e-mail early last week, so I might give it a couple of weeks before I e-mail/call them again. I never did ask them what their timeline was in regards to an actual hiring decision.
    CCNP R/S