Options

Anyone have any experience with Robert Half Technology?

I was curious about this company. If you have any knowledge of them please share.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had a Skype interview with a recruiter, never got any job leads from them, but I did get free access to there training website. It was pretty good training material too, spent a few weeks learning about different topics. Actually was a little sorry when I didn't access the training site for a few months and my login stopped working. If you go for an interview, I would ask them for an account for the training website.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been working with a couple of their recruiters for about a year now in my job search. We have a relatively good relationship if you can call it that considering how the big recruiters operate. However they have yet to get me a job or even get me into an interview. I've had better luck with all the other recruiters around town, LOL.
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Supposedly they are really good. My experience with them was Oh we have a job for you, here is the Job description, Me: oh looks great, here is resume. Hello, hello ??? Hi, anything ? No response, finally speak to someone else, Oh Jenny is on vacation and I don't really know about you. I don't see anything in her notes she gave me. I will see what I can find out. Never hear from them again
    Few + months ago they sent me on a interview that I had no business being at. Not nearly qualified. I will say I have had that with many of the recruiters.
    I should also add. Every job I have had except one I got myself. I am not a fan of them, now being on the management side, yes I am. They take you to lunch and many other things.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MJK9550 wrote: »
    I was curious about this company. If you have any knowledge of them please share.

thanks

I have actually been hired through RHT before and had a decent experience. If you are qualified for the position & have a good intro interview with them, then they can actually get you into a good IT job. Plus, another perk is having access to their skillport website, which has a ton of new books, old books, videos, etc for pretty much every certification out there. Yeah, you don't have to buy books! You can download only so many, but you can at least login and view/read them, take practice questions, watch videos. So, overall, I had a great experience from getting on with them. I am no longer with the company they hooked me up with, but still have access to skillport which is helping me continue my education...probably because I did give sufficient notice with my old employer. Burning bridges in InfoTech is not something I recommend, because you need to put that experience on your resume. AND if you need to contact RHT again for a new job, then they will definitely help you.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Register and use Skillports. I used to work with a few for close to 6 months. The process starts with a good news about the job, a request to submit, and then, I get a silence about it. The process starts again. For this reason, I gave up on recruiters awhile back.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My personal experience.

Weird vetting process. They also run account temps and some other type of recruiting agencies, I think they fall into the mold they do everything okay, but nothing great. They seem to churn and burn through recruiters, not exactly sure why.

Overall I am not impressed, I've used 4 - 5 other agencies that I felt were connected to my local market, this also includes two other stints in other markets out of state.