Options

How many questions on Win9x?

sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All:

I have a friend who is preparing to take the A+ OS exam soon. He recently passed the Hardware test with a decent score. He is wondering how many questions he might expect related to a Win9x system. Those of you who have taken it recently, can you post your experience? He is wondering if he should set up Win98 on a computer to help prepare, or will just book study be enough? TIA!
All things are possible, only believe.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would be familiar with 9X, but not that much. Depending on when the last time your friend used 9x, they might want to install it somewhere just to get reaquainted with it......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Thanks Ricka, I'll pass that along. Its been about 2-3 years since he retired his last W98 machine.
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Remember, there are several different tests. While one of them may only touch on Windows 9X, another might require that we know it inside out!

It's probably better that we err on the side of caution.
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    elathrop wrote:
    Remember, there are several different tests. While one of them may only touch on Windows 9X, another might require that we know it inside out!

Exactly the reason I posted the question. :D:D

I believe in putting forth the most effort on the most important things, and since he is under the 90 day limit for taking the OS exam it would be wise to spend more time on the more important topics, wouldn't you agree? icon_confused.gif:

I figure if lots people reply and say there were several questions on Win9x then he probably needs to set up a test machine. If everyone replies that they only had 2-3 questions on Win9x, then the book study should be enough.