Safari Books

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi All,

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, so thought I would just post this here.

Thinking about gettign a Safaribooks account, I have seen they do a 10 day trial - so I will probably give that a go. But wasn't sure what peoples thoughts were on it, do they have a lot of content and good value for money?
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I get it for free because of work, however, I'd pay for it if I had to. They have videos as well. Try it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Exactly. I also get it free through work and would totally pay for it if I had to.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    +1 to what cyber and scared said. Kevin Wallace has some pretty decent networking videos on there.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Check out ACM (Association for Computing Machinery). Their professional membership is $99/yr and it includes around 700 Safari, SkillSoft, etc. Might be worth looking into.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Check out ACM (Association for Computing Machinery). Their professional membership is $99/yr and it includes around 700 Safari, SkillSoft, etc. Might be worth looking into.

Nice! It looks like you can also get the hookup with Dreamspark for all you Microsoft folks.
  • LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought it about a month ago when they had their 50% off sale. Well worth it so far.
  • MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
    They have any cert book imaginable. I get it through school, but as everyone else has said, I would totally pay for it if not. I spend a few hours a day on there reading.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »

I get Safari from my job as well as skillsoft but Dreamspark for $100 along with the other perks is an awesome deal.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Might be worth noting that Dreamspark has been rebranded as Imagine.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I looked on the ACM website and it appears the Dreamspark subscription can only be used with a valid student email address.