Options

Opinion of Practice Tests

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I just scheduled my 100-105 CCENT exam for October 25th (20 days from now). What would be a good practice tests to use? I heard Boson is harder than the exam itself.
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• Options
    nastynate604nastynate604 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed ICND1 100-105 back in September. Your best bet is to first go through all the exam objectives and make sure you have a good understanding of them. Make sure you know the concepts. I used the BOSON practice exam and also the Cisco Press test exams for prep and I found that even though it gives you a feel for the exam, it doesn't prepare you for the exam itself. You NEED to know the concepts. The test exams will show you the holes in your studying that you need to fill. So for example if you are weak on Access Lists and NAT, Go back and study those concepts until you know them like the back of your hand. I would say the probability of seeing the same questions on the actual exam, compared to a test exam is less than 1%.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, do what nastynate604 said. Don't study the practice exams! Just use them to find your weaknesses. Also make sure to read the full explanations, even on the ones you get right, because they usually have a lot of good theory in the explanations.

I'd say doing each exam more than twice is a waste of time since you'll just be memorizing answers.

I also thought Boson exams were harder than the Cisco ones. There are fewer "gotchas' on the Cisco exam.
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    Is the cisco press Book by Odom the best study material ?
    is it enough for exam ?