Options

CCNA:Sec PASS

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I sat and passed the Cisco IINS 210-160 this morning with an 897.

Overall, the exam is exactly what I've come to expect from Cisco Certifications...pretty darn difficult.

As always, without violating the NDA I'll state the following:
I must say that the simulations that I had weren't buggy at all, maybe a little annoying to try and organize all the windows on the small screen...(lots of scrolling) but that's about it. Multiple Choice and Multiple Select questions were on point, not ambiguous or overwhelming.

Preparation:
  • CISCO Press Official Cert Study Guide CCNA Security 210-260
  • Sybex CCNA Security Study Guide
  • CBT Nuggets
  • Pluralsight (Formerly Train signal)
  • GNS3 Labs focusing heavily on ASAs and ASDM
  • Personal experience, I work with CISCO devices on a daily basis

Overall, pleased with the experieince and pass and happily knocked another 6 CUs of my BS:ITSEC Program at WGU.

Onto the next! icon_thumright.gif
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice, congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cisGOcisGO Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Which of your study resources did you find the most helpful?
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    KalabasterKalabaster Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you only had 2 resources to choose from, which of the two that you used to pass would you pick?
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+/LPIC-1/SUSE CLA, C|EH, eWPT, GMON, GWAPT, GCIH, eCPPT, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, CISSP.
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: C178, C255, C100, C132, C164, C173, C172, C480, C455, ORA1, C182, C168, C394, C393, C451, C698, C697, C176, C456, C483, C170, C175, C169, C299, C246, C247, C376, C179, C278, C459, C463, C435, C436.
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • Options
    slideoffslideoff Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you recommend the Sybex over the Cisco Press if you were to choose one book resource?
    "Jeez louise, I can't wait to get my MCSE and quit this job." - Nick Burns
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    lablife23lablife23 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sitting for the 210-260 exam on Jan 4, 2016 as part of the BS:ITSEC program as well. I started the program Aug 2013 and trying to finish in the next year. Congrats on the pass!
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    So I sat and passed the Cisco IINS 210-160 this morning with an 897.

Overall, the exam is exactly what I've come to expect from Cisco Certifications...pretty darn difficult.

As always, without violating the NDA I'll state the following:
    I must say that the simulations that I had weren't buggy at all, maybe a little annoying to try and organize all the windows on the small screen...(lots of scrolling) but that's about it. Multiple Choice and Multiple Select questions were on point, not ambiguous or overwhelming.

Preparation:
    • CISCO Press Official Cert Study Guide CCNA Security 210-260
    • Sybex CCNA Security Study Guide
    • CBT Nuggets
    • Pluralsight (Formerly Train signal)
    • GNS3 Labs focusing heavily on ASAs and ASDM
    • Personal experience, I work with CISCO devices on a daily basis

Overall, pleased with the experieince and pass and happily knocked another 6 CUs of my BS:ITSEC Program at WGU.

Onto the next! icon_thumright.gif