Options

WGU- IT Network Administration Start 11/1/2016

Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good morning Tech Fam,I've decided to go ahead and aim to receive my Bachelors in IT from WGU. I have my associates degree and my cert transferring over which I'm ecstatic about! A transferred over about 64 credits which means I'm halfway done with the degree. I decided to go back because I noticed that a lot of jobs now require at least a Bachelor's degree. I have one year of IT experience as help desk under my belt and I'm 23. I aim to complete the degree by the time i turn 24 on October 5th of 2017. Below are the classes I need to complete to receive my degree. Is that a very real expectation or should i give myself more time to complete this degree

IT Foundations (Comptia A+)
IT Applications (Comptia A+)
Business of IT- Project Management
Network and Security- Applications (Security+)
Data Management - Applications Scripting and Programming- Applications
Operating Systems I
Operating Systems II
Network Polices and Services Management
Server administration
Network Reliability and Fault Tolerance
Operating Systems
Technical Writing
IT Capstone Written Project

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it's a great plan as long as you stay focused and motivated!! icon_thumright.gif

I would just recommend to pace yourself. Your workload will change pursuing a degree. So, I would suggest doing only certs that are a part of your degree program since your time will be dedicated to writing papers and passing exams.

Good luck
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Junior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good morning Tech Fam,I've decided to go ahead and aim to receive my Bachelors in IT from WGU. I have my associates degree and my cert transferring over which I'm ecstatic about! A transferred over about 64 credits which means I'm halfway done with the degree. I decided to go back because I noticed that a lot of jobs now require at least a Bachelor's degree. I have one year of IT experience as help desk under my belt and I'm 23. I aim to complete the degree by the time i turn 24 on October 5th of 2017. Below are the classes I need to complete to receive my degree. Is that a very real expectation or should i give myself more time to complete this degree

IT Foundations (Comptia A+)
    IT Applications (Comptia A+)
    Business of IT- Project Management
    Network and Security- Applications (Security+)
    Data Management - Applications Scripting and Programming- Applications
    Operating Systems I
    Operating Systems II
    Network Polices and Services Management
    Server administration
    Network Reliability and Fault Tolerance
    Operating Systems
    Technical Writing
    IT Capstone Written Project

Good to hear! I actually begin my BS IT at WGU on the same date! I just have 3 more classes to take than you to a total of 16 classes. I can't wait to start to see how it is and the experience. A friend of mine already began the program in September and so far so good. Lets see who finishes their program first!! Well i have a full time job so we will see if i can graduate in a year if not 1.5 years is fine but time is of essence.
  • Options
    Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Argen234 wrote: »
    Good to hear! I actually begin my BS IT at WGU on the same date! I just have 3 more classes to take than you to a total of 16 classes. I can't wait to start to see how it is and the experience. A friend of mine already began the program in September and so far so good. Lets see who finishes their program first!! Well i have a full time job so we will see if i can graduate in a year if not 1.5 years is fine but time is of essence.

Sounds good mate! Seems like a nice challenge! I currently work a full time job too but im not married and I don't have any kids so I have all the time outside of work to put towards a the degree. Let's see who can complete their degree the fastest!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Junior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds good mate! Seems like a nice challenge! I currently work a full time job too but im not married and I don't have any kids so I have all the time outside of work to put towards a the degree. Let's see who can complete their degree the fastest!!

Good to hear. I am about to schedule my first exam this week. I have to wait for my kit to arrive so i am running late on this first class exam.