Options

Passed CISSP 10/07

trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
Passed CISSP on Friday, 10/07/2016. I took 3 hours (no breaks), marked over 25 questions for review, and changed about 3 answers. My test site made me lock up everything except my eyeglasses and clothing, spit out my chewing gum, and remove my Timex Indiglo analog watch. This forum has been very useful to me, so I thought I'd add some test prep advice.

My study prep (started in August after sitting CASP in late July):

1. Read the Sybex book 7th edition once. It was not engaging enough to read more than once.
2. Read the 1st 3 chapters and part of the 4th chapter of Conrad's CISSP review, 3rd edition.
3. Watched the Training Camp videos for CISSP. Their pre-CEH boot camp videos were good, so I thought their CISSP videos might help. I'd impulsively bought video access last December, so I finished them to be eligible to claim my access fee back if I failed.
4. Read the 11th Hour CISSP 3rd edition. It provides a good review/overview of concepts, but it's not enough by itself.
5. Took the 1st 4 domain tests in the Sybex Official Test Question book. This is a confidence killer and not the best way to use the book. Take a practice test, use the domain tests to brush up weak domains, and then take a 2nd practice test.
6. Took the practice questions from Appendix A of the CISSP CBK the night before the test.

The test was much more conceptual than CASP. CASP is pretty straightforward: you either know the answer or you don't know the answer. Half the battle for CISSP was translating the question from information assurance/cybersecurity language into English. I used my scratch board to write guesses, justifications for my guesses, and a few acronyms/mnemonics.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    Thank you! I work in an office full of CISSPs, so I just have to beg one to endorse me.
  • Options
    slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well done congrats
  • Options
    ZelaZela Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ohmaigawdohmaigawd Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    d3s3rtf0xd3s3rtf0x Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! At least you have an office full of colleagues who can endorse you!
  • Options
    The endorsement form is a beast! Hoping the online endorsement process is less troublesome. I really wish ISC2 would give endorsers CPE credit. Endorsers are advancing the profession and it's for the good of the commonwealth and society.
  • Options
    ZelaZela Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The online endorsement form is very quick and easy.