Options

Application for CISA Certifcation notes/points/?s

coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
Frequently Missed Items

1) * Applicant has signed/dated pages A-1 and V-1 of the application in ink?
2) *Application and verification signatures on forms must be manually handwritten or digital (authentically validated) signatures. Signatures cut and pasted into the documents, imported in a word text box or computer keyed/typed in are not acceptable.
3) * USD$50 application processing fee has been paid online at www.isaca.org/cisapay.

1 & 2 kinda contradict it each other. (ink vs digital authentically validated) but to be safe (& save time with a problem) seems like best to just go with good old fashion ink?

What if your (ex) boss does not have a scanner? I might just have them print it, sign it & send me a picture via their smartphone. Seems like the easiest & fastest path. Hopefully ISACA does not have a problem with that.

& I just noticed, ISACA ask for another $50! lovely

and
NOTE: Please allow approximately eight weeks for processing...

(it seems like it does not take that long but sounds like they are covering their bases)

also, careful typing into the application and then saving it! Once you save it in the free Adobe Reader, you cannot edit your application. You will have to start over. Sigh...

Comments

• Options
    sparta890sparta890 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do I need to scan my degree and attach it? or do they need a transcript?
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    sparta890 wrote: »
    Do I need to scan my degree and attach it? or do they need a transcript?

Per the instructions, they will take a copy of the degree, transcripts or a letter from the college.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you only need documentation (Degree etc) in case of an Audit.
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    I think you only need documentation (Degree etc) in case of an Audit.

The instructions say that you are required to attach a copy of your proof if you are claiming an education waiver.
  • Options
    Ahh, sorry my mistake. you are correct.
  • Options
    peacebabatundepeacebabatunde Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear All,

Is it possible to apply for membership this year before registering for the CISA exam next year
  • Options
    Of course you can, you don't need to be certified to become a member and don't need to be a member to become certified, they just want your money :D

How IT Professionals can Join ISACA

Why do you want to be a member?, Members get big discounts on exam fees and books / practice exams.
  • Options
    I joined ISACA a few years before earning my CISA. They have a lot of downloads that are valuable related to COBIT and other topics. Plus, as wd40 mentions, they have discounts on study materials and exams.
  • Options
    peacebabatundepeacebabatunde Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    j86cicij86cici Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just to clarify - to verify educational experience, I need to provide my transcript (I think I have this somewhere) or take my degree off the wall, out of the frame and copy it?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I made a copy and provided web link to my uni online degree verification page.
  • Options
    whd5015whd5015 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,
    ic
    In regards to the "Verification of Work Experience" section, my manager (CISA) is confused about question #5 which asks:

"Are you qualified and willing to verify the applicant's educational experience waiver(s) claimed?"

What does this entail? As he is not a University official, how can he independently verify the legitimacy of the educational documents that I will be sending to ISACA? I will be sending a copy of my undergraduate degree, in addition to a sealed transcript from the University.
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dear All,

Is it possible to apply for membership this year before registering for the CISA exam next year

just wanted to share my thought on this one. To avail of the exam registration discount, you need to pay membership fee for the year 2017 as well. If you don't need to avail of any membership benefits in the year 2016, hold off. I know its already a late post but for those who want to be a member for the current year and register the following year.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whd5015 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    ic
    In regards to the "Verification of Work Experience" section, my manager (CISA) is confused about question #5 which asks:

"Are you qualified and willing to verify the applicant's educational experience waiver(s) claimed?"

What does this entail? As he is not a University official, how can he independently verify the legitimacy of the educational documents that I will be sending to ISACA? I will be sending a copy of my undergraduate degree, in addition to a sealed transcript from the University.

Employers do background checks for education, work experience and etc... If you passed the background check, your manager is assured of your credentials so he can vouch for your claim.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    anthonx wrote: »
    Employers do background checks for education, work experience and etc... If you passed the background check, your manager is assured of your credentials so he can vouch for your claim.
    Great! Thanks a ton. I paid the $50 application fee, and sent over the required documents, which should be received by them within 3-5 working days. Hope this process takes less than 8 weeks!
  • Options
    Azman2286Azman2286 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a 4 year batchelor's degree which included 1 year working in industry. The degree is from a UK university with a total of 360 credits. Does this count for a 1 or 2 year waiver?
  • Options
    sugeknight100sugeknight100 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dont know @Azman2286.
    The application process is just so complicated, I think I need a counselor to fill it up for me.

I have about 7 years work experience, but like 3 and a half of it in system audit.

In the page V-2 Description of CISA Job Practice Areas, I dont understand what I'm suppose to indicate for the Employer Verification?
  • Options
    imtiazdbblimtiazdbbl Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Till now my status is showing-
    Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Dec 2016)
    although I have passed December 2016 exam.
    can any body tell when this status will update ?
  • Options
    YY1217YY1217 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My exam results were posted to the ISACA website just this morning when I checked, about 10 hours ago.
  • Options
    Finally my status updated as-
    Application status: Unreviewed
    when I log in my ISACA today morning (approx. 12 hours ago)
  • Options
    Now my status is complete under-review
  • Options
    Status was updated to "Unreviewed" on 19 January.
  • Options
    My application has approved. It takes only 5 working days. I think it is too much first.
  • Options
    kareem.noorkareem.noor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My Status has been `Unreviewed` since the 20th.

Anybody with changes ?
  • Options
    sagittar88sagittar88 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have submitted the application this morning but in "My Isaca --> certification" the status is "Not Certified - Exam Result: Pass (Dec 2016)". how long after Isaca updates the status?
    Moreover, I have sent the application to certification@isaca.org (link that you reach when click on Request an application (sent in postal mail)) and application@isaca.org (link written in the download pdf).
  • Options
    cisumworldcisumworld Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    for me it took 2 days to get unreviewed status in ISACA portal. I just sent to application@isaca only
  • Options
    sagittar88sagittar88 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cisumworld wrote: »
    for me it took 2 days to get unreviewed status in ISACA portal. I just sent to application@isaca only

still nothing in my page icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    rb23rb23 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My Status has been `Unreviewed` since the 20th.

Anybody with changes ?

Mine has. Here's a timeline of my application:

January 20, 2017 - Application Sent
    January 24, 2017 - Acknowledgement email received from ISACA
    January 24, 2017 - Status: Unreviewed
    January 30, 2017 - Status: Complete-Under review
    February 1, 2017 - Status: Approved

According to ISACA certifying rules, my certification application "has been tentatively approved and will be certified in the next grouping or certifying batch".

I hope that will be any time within this week or next week (Fingers crossed... Hopefully...).
  • Options
    whd5015 wrote: »
    Status was updated to "Unreviewed" on 19 January.
    Status was changed to "Approved" on 31 January.
  • Options
    YY1217YY1217 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ISACA is super efficient this time. Mine has been approved. Last time my CISM certification went from 'approved' to 'certified' in the same day.

January 16, 2017 - Application submitted
    January 16, 2017 - Acknowledgement email received from ISACA
    January 26, 2017 - Status: Complete-Under Review
    February 1, 2017 - Status: Approved