Options

Switching methods

twiggy87twiggy87 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Okay, so im writing my ccna this coming tuesday and right now all im doing is cramming in preparation.

The problem is am am reading more than one book and sometimes I end up with different info from different people. I want to know:

Does latency vary with store-and-forward?

Often I'll get a multiple choice question and I think to myself that cut-through would have variable latency. So which one is it?
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    twiggy87 wrote:
    Okay, so im writing my ccna this coming tuesday and right now all im doing is cramming in preparation.

The problem is am am reading more than one book and sometimes I end up with different info from different people. I want to know:

Does latency vary with store-and-forward?

Often I'll get a multiple choice question and I think to myself that cut-through would have variable latency. So which one is it?

Store and forward has variable latency due to the length (size) of the frame. Just remember that store and forward has to copy the entire frame into the switch's buffer then it runs the CRC check. With the other methods they only read parts of it first before forwarding it.
    Now working full time!