Options

Passed 100-105 Today!

CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
Score: 953/1000 icon_cheers.gif

I think that I spent too much time studying for this test. Mostly due to poor study habits. The test was fairly easy, which is to be expected with most multiple choice tests. I completed the test with over 50 minutes left on the clock.

Resources Used (In order from most to least used)
1. Wendell Odom
2. Packet Tracer
3. Boson Netsim/Exsim
4. Pearson IT Practice Tests
5. INE 100-105 Course

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! What's next?
  • Options
    ICND2 is next. Gotta keep the momentum going or it will never get done.
  • Options
    MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
    Everyone says this test is super difficult. How long did you study?

Its entirely multiple choice?
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    compared to the persons practice exams with the Odom books
    how difficult is the exam ? If I may ethically ask such a question.

Congrats !!!
  • Options
    BWTBWT Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Score: 953/1000 icon_cheers.gif

I think that I spent too much time studying for this test. Mostly due to poor study habits. The test was fairly easy, which is to be expected with most multiple choice tests. I completed the test with over 50 minutes left on the clock.

Resources Used (In order from most to least used)
    1. Wendell Odom
    2. Packet Tracer
    3. Boson Netsim/Exsim
    4. Pearson IT Practice Tests
    5. INE 100-105 Course

Congratulations!!!

I'm going down the same path. I just finished Odom's first book.

Did you find the Pearson IT Practice Tests particularly helpful?

I'm actually spending time going through one this morning and I'm hoping to complete my CCNA in the next 3-6 months.

I'm debating purchasing the boson netsim/exsim just to prepare for the actual exam.

Also, what is the INE 100-105 Course? I'm assuming you're talking about the Udemy course?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=INE+100-105+Course

Thanks and Congratulations again!
  • Options
    Also, what is the INE 100-105 Course? I'm assuming you're talking about the Udemy course?

CCENT Technologies Course - INE is the course I was referring to. It's $49.
    Did you find the Pearson IT Practice Tests particularly helpful?

If you're scoring 90% - 100% on the practice exams I think that you will you will pass.

For reference, my scores on the Pearson practice test were in the 90% - 100% range before taking the test. My scores on the Boson exam were around 80 - 90%.
    I'm debating purchasing the boson netsim/exsim just to prepare for the actual exam.

Honestly, I think that you'll be fine with just Packet Tracer/ Pearson IT Practice Exams. I'm only using Netsim/Exsim because it's provided by WGU.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats ��!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    BWTBWT Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCENT Technologies Course - INE is the course I was referring to. It's $49.

If you're scoring 90% - 100% on the practice exams I think that you will you will pass.

For reference, my scores on the Pearson practice test were in the 90% - 100% range before taking the test. My scores on the Boson exam were around 80 - 90%.

Honestly, I think that you'll be fine with just Packet Tracer/ Pearson IT Practice Exams. I'm only using Netsim/Exsim because it's provided by WGU.

Thank you for the response!