Options

Stormwind Training

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Has anyone tried Stormwind for CCNP Security training (or Cisco training in general)? The instructor is Ryan Lindfield

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used his CCNA Security and CCNP Security courses to study for the 210-260. I was a part of his live webinars, and he was able to answer my questions in realtime. He is also very responsive to emails. I would highly recommend his training, especially for his love of computers and networking. If you look at his profile on LinkedIn, he has an extensive list of IT certifications. His wife Desiree is also CCNP and CCSI, and she does training for Stormwind for the Routing & Switching tracks.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the route class coming up in January I believe. I took the switch class last month. The switch class was a little short, we ended a little early everyday. But there isn't a ton of material to go over with Switch. Questions are answered live, and emails are responded to very fast. I believe Desiree could have given more config examples on some of the material. Our company bought a training package from them. My coworkers are going through Collaboration, CCNA, Exchange and Server. Some like it some don't. I like that they answer any questions pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you. Do their courses come with official Cisco courseware?
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It depends on your subscription. The subscription that I had gave me two printed courses included. I chose CCNA Security and CCNA Wireless, but both exams retired before I had a chance to get through all the material. However, included with the subscription (as far as I know) are the Boson practice exams, as many as you need. You just have to request them, and you get the codes in your email within a day or two. In my opinion, the Boson practice exams are very close to the actual exams.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Thanks. Looks like after this month, they will no longer be able accept Cisco credits. I would think that's a big part of their business. Might hold off a bit.