Options

Online interview : HireVue

NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I had a phone interview yesterday with a staffing firm for a NOC position. I got an email today about an interview using a product called "HireVUE".

Has anyone here done an interview using this system? It seems a bit odd to me, as did the phone interview. They asked my permission to record my answers which seemed very strange to me.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Navy Moose

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Comments

• Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did a couple of months ago. I hated it! But that's because there was no interaction, it's just recording a video response to a posted question. I personally don't think it's a great way to gauge an applicant, but this is starting to become the new trend now...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've luckily never come across this, but if I did I'd run fast from a company with these kind of hiring practices.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had an interview like that before once, I hated it, the no interaction part is a huge deal. I think this interview process stinks and does not actually show if the person is the right fit for the job.

I seriously question what HR people actually do anymore, the resume process is 90% automated and scanned by computers and now the interview process is also being automated. The next process in automation will be HR robots collecting your stuff, handing you a pink slip, and walking you out of the building.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I only been on one of those types of interviews once. I hated it. Plus, my dogs decided to bark in the middle of it, so I was distracted, plus you could hear me saying 'SHUT UP' LOL . I'd rather be face to face.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Plus, my dogs decided to bark in the middle of it, so I was distracted, plus you could hear me saying 'SHUT UP' LOL . I'd rather be face to face.

Haha I just pictured that happening and got a laugh out of it. I did one HireVue as a formality at my previous company when I was moving over to the Security Engineering team and I was in the car doing it and of course there was a loud truck that came by during it.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can applying for a job be any more unfriendly? First it was the online job applications, then it was skype interviews, now a computer is interviewing you.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm thinking of not doing the interview because of how unfriendly the whole process seems. The company is an eighty mile round trip that is terrible during normal commuting time. This is in addition to an income tax to a state I do not live in.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Worst interview process ever, plus I am not very photogenic.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I'm thinking of not doing the interview because of how unfriendly the whole process seems. The company is an eighty mile round trip that is terrible during normal commuting time. This is in addition to an income tax to a state I do not live in.
    80 miles??? No way. I agree, don't do it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....