Options

A+ Prep

OlGeezerOlGeezer Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my A+ 901 yesterday with an 810. I just wanted to post my prep items and the general method I used because I was very concerned with whether or not my prep was adequate.

So my main resource was uCertify which I get through school (WGU). I found that a lot of people had negative reviews of uCertify and that contributed to a lot of my worry. I found that the material in uCertify was more than adequate. Also the practice tests on uCertufy were the best that I took, 2nd was crucial exams, and third exam compass.

I also used a few professor messer videos. Mainly with things like printers that I had little experience or education on. Also his course notes are good for review just before you take the test.

Lastly I practiced with crucial exams and exam compass as mentioned before.

I studied for just 5 days before the test using these materials. Just wanted others to know these items are plenty valid for prep items.

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you have any previous knowledge or experience? 5 days seems crazy, i've been studying a few hours a day for a few months now and I don't feel i'm even 40% ready.
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    N417HANN417HAN Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trucido wrote: »
    Did you have any previous knowledge or experience? 5 days seems crazy, i've been studying a few hours a day for a few months now and I don't feel i'm even 40% ready.

Agreed 5 days is insane, took me 11 months and that's even with previous experience. just to make sure I wasn't missing anything out.
  • Options
    Cam1025Cam1025 Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you are preparing for an exam like A+ exam, it is all about using the right strategy to study the materials effectively and efficiently. Every chapter highlights the main points, you would focus on studying those main points from each chapter. Once you have understood well of those main points, you would test yourself with practice exam for each chapter. If you score high, you can move onto another chapter; otherwise, you would work on what you do not understand and make it understood. For example, if you do not understand what are the steps involved with operating the laser printer, you would read through each step and understand about it.
  • Options
    ani_yarieani_yarie Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to got one of Ucertify website, just I'm not quite sure is that gonna work or not, I'm badly in rush to write the 902. pls advise me. thank u so much