Head in the clouds...

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I do some compliance work with a side biz when I have time. Almost every client we have has mentioned or has future plans to migrate some or all of their services into the cloud.

I am starting to see that there are two really big opportunities that we can provide with one effort. Compliance in the cloud.... and some side serviced if need be.

I have the AWS architecture cert and actually like the platform with linux. I have used S3 and a few instances of R2 in AWS in real world applications, but am not too comfortable migrating services into AWS.

Anyone here work for or do consultant work using the big cloud providers?

If so do you have any advice on how to gain real world exp with the migration of businesses into the platform? Or any advice at all?

Comments

• $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    I work for a small MSP/Break fix company and we have done 10+ email migrations to Office 365 in one month. You are correct on your assumptions.

We use MigrationWiz. It is quick and simple.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Data Centers are only going to become smaller and smaller over time as more and more infrastructure simply gets sucked into the cloud. You'll see alot of hybrid where some data needs to be handled by corporate. From a compliance standpoint - watch your contracts and know who gets to stand up in court when the inevitable happens.

Best effort is legal ease for cop-out.

- b/eads
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    $bvb379 wrote: »
    I work for a small MSP/Break fix company and we have done 10+ email migrations to Office 365 in one month. You are correct on your assumptions.

We use MigrationWiz. It is quick and simple.

What's the cost per migration breakdown?
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    Data Centers are only going to become smaller and smaller over time as more and more infrastructure simply gets sucked into the cloud. You'll see alot of hybrid where some data needs to be handled by corporate. From a compliance standpoint - watch your contracts and know who gets to stand up in court when the inevitable happens.

Best effort is legal ease for cop-out.

- b/eads

Tell me about it. We already had a customer come after us for an incident that happened. After we reviewed the SLA he backed down, but I was scared shirtless

Good advice, thanks
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    beads wrote: »
    Data Centers are only going to become smaller and smaller over time as more and more infrastructure simply gets sucked into the cloud.
    - b/eads

Except, all a cloud is, is someone else's hardware that a different group of people takes care of.