AWS with no real exp?

DDStimeDDStime Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have no real world exp with AWS but I like to stay current with technology.

I work at an enterprise environment and a lot of the web services we use have went to AWS.

I see it just getting bigger especially at my org so I would like to get some AWS certs.

Thing is I have no real exp with cloud. I took the acloudguru class and built some networks, VPNs, servers etc...but have never actually done any real world AWS admin.

Would trying to go for all three AWS certs be overkill for someone trying to just stay ahead before the day comes when cloud takes over our org completely?

Where do you all see the cloud (specifically AWS) going? Am I just overreacting, or should I get the certs?

Comments

• mrtexasfreedommrtexasfreedom Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The AWS Solutions Architect - Associate test is not what I would call easy, but it is super-doable for someone who can buckle down and study the content in the ACloudGuru prep class. I passed it the other day and had zero real-world AWS experience, but I do have significant Enterprise Software Support experience.

The value? I think it is the direction a lot of IT infrastructure is moving towards and right now there are only 25,000 people in the entire world with the AWS SA-A cert.
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DDStime wrote: »
    Where do you all see the cloud (specifically AWS) going? Am I just overreacting, or should I get the certs?

Who knows :]

but whats the harm in learning more about it?
    Maybe it turns into something that is really interesting. or maybe its just boring.

Don't worry about getting ALL 3 certs... just shoot for the first one.
    (evaluate things from there)
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DDStime wrote: »
    I have no real world exp with AWS but I like to stay current with technology.

The AWS Free Tier is designed for you to get some experience