Options

DHCP and DHCP relay agent help, packet tracer cisco. help me

itsme12pitsme12p Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Capture.png

i need to set up the switch as dhcp server that needs to address ips for the 3 different lans , i was able to set up dhcp working for the 10.9.0.0/24 network however i cant get it working for either R1 or R2 networks , ive tried 'ip helper-address" commands many times but never worked out. things to note , everything can ping everything (if pcs using static address) one thing i noticed is that i cant ping the switch from anything besides the connected devices , and i think its may be the problem. i have also tried making the switch router connection on its own vlan and trunking it, but it was that same result as i have just mention , everything can ping each other but dhcp never works. please help

my understanding of the "ip helper-address" command is that in my situation i need to put is on the fa0/0 interfaces of my routers and using the address of the connected serial OR switch vlan address i dont know , And on my router 2 (middle router) so the serial interfaces need ip helper-address commands and if so what ip , the switch vlan ip?

i probably have completely messed up the switch vlan configs but please help thanks

i can post 'show run''s if needed , packet tracer file is here for download Mega File Upload - 4.pkt

Thanks please i need the help.

Comments

• Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Switch2 Added Config

Switch(config)#ip default-gateway 10.9.0.2

R1 Added Config

R1>en
    R1#conf t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    R1(config)#int f0/0
    R1(config-if)#ip helper-address 10.9.0.1

R3 Added Config

R3#conf t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    R3(config)#int f0/0
    R3(config-if)#ip helper-address 10.9.0.1

The ip helper-address points to the IP address of the DHCP server. Your switch is 10.9.0.1, so you would use ip helper-address 10.9.0.1 on the F0/0 interfaces of both R1 and R3. Also, your switch was missing the ip default-gateway command which is why you were able to ping it locally but not remotely. Thanks for the refresher. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is how you will see most DHCP helper configs setup in a corp network.

http://www.filedropper.com/dhcp

“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    could anyone kindly post a screen shot of DHCPv6 configured on a server in PT