Options

Got a job!

heyyydaveheyyydave Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i just got a job at a university as a security analyst. I have my C|EH, CISSP, and Security+. Does anyone have any tips on learning about higher education IT Security? Books, articles, certs? Anything will help. I want to do well at my new job and show up over prepared to hit the ground running.

Comments

• Options
    Madmd5Madmd5 Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First off, congrats on the new role! It sounds like a great opportunity! Will the school help pay for your training/certs?
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice work, CEH and CISSP is a winning combo.

At my company, if you want to get in as a security analyst you MUST possess the CISSP and/or CEH. No and if's buts!

Anyway rant off, well done!
  • Options
    jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    winona_ryderwinona_ryder Member Posts: 42 ■□□□□□□□□□
    heyyydave wrote: »
    So i just got a job at a university as a security analyst. I have my C|EH, CISSP, and Security+. Does anyone have any tips on learning about higher education IT Security? Books, articles, certs? Anything will help. I want to do well at my new job and show up over prepared to hit the ground running.
    Which country?
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    heyyydave wrote: »

Honestly, I think it might depend on which school (and their academic focus)... I would imagine that school's with reputations in the computer sciences, and security in particular, would be more understanding of having rigorous security controls and good network hygiene.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    myakal425myakal425 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats brother!
    Even I joined a new organization few days back as a Systems Engineer - Networking.
    I need a help ....I am trained in CCNA (R&S),CCNP(R&S) but not certified.I am aspiring for CCIE (R&S) certification directly.
    How to go ahead with preparation?