Options

Progressive Insurance - New Job!!

jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got a new job as IT Systems Engineer for information security at progressive. Has anybody had experience working at progressive in IT related fields? I haven't started yet but the team seems awesome and the perks and benefits seem really cool, the best I've seen.

The interview was super difficult. Had some sort pre-employment aptitude test and then 6 interviews.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats! Wow 6 of them!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Yep. 2 phone interviews and 4 on-site. 45min-1 hour a piece. By far the toughest interview process I've been through.
  • Options
    KalabasterKalabaster Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, for all that hell the gig and the salary better be amazing!
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+/LPIC-1/SUSE CLA, C|EH, eWPT, GMON, GWAPT, GCIH, eCPPT, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, CISSP.
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: C178, C255, C100, C132, C164, C173, C172, C480, C455, ORA1, C182, C168, C394, C393, C451, C698, C697, C176, C456, C483, C170, C175, C169, C299, C246, C247, C376, C179, C278, C459, C463, C435, C436.
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • Options
    The base salary is about 7k more than my current position. Plus could earn a bonus of up to 30% of my salary, usually more like 15% is the target. 6% 401k match. Real flexible hours too, which is awesome as a single father of 3. Work from home on snow days, etc. On-site gym, medical center and cafeteria. Plus job stability, I currently work contract work for USAFA, and every year we never know if we are coming back.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Yep. 2 phone interviews and 4 on-site. 45min-1 hour a piece. By far the toughest interview process I've been through.

I just got a job with similar interview process. Total of 15 people, 3 phone interviews, 4 1-hour in-person interviews, and then a happy hour afterwards which was still pretty much an interview. It was nuts.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grueling interviews are great if you pass them, because then you know you will be working with competent people. If you know your stuff you should be seeking out those kind of places and avoiding places that have easy interviews. Glassdoor is great at researching these things, just resist the temptation to look at what questions are asked as that defeats the purpose of the interview.

Congrats btw!
  • Options
    goatama wrote: »
    I just got a job with similar interview process. Total of 15 people, 3 phone interviews, 4 1-hour in-person interviews, and then a happy hour afterwards which was still pretty much an interview. It was nuts.

Sweet! Congrats! I didn't get the happy hour unfortunately, but I'll be celebrating this weekend for sure.
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    Grueling interviews are great if you pass them, because then you know you will be working with competent people. If you know your stuff you should be seeking out those kind of places and avoiding places that have easy interviews. Glassdoor is great at researching these things, just resist the temptation to look at what questions are asked as that defeats the purpose of the interview.

Congrats btw!

I agree. That's part of the reason why I was seeking new employment. Glassdoor is awesome by the way. I use it to research benefits, salaries and just over all employee satisfaction.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Sweet! Congrats! I didn't get the happy hour unfortunately, but I'll be celebrating this weekend for sure.

Thanks, congrats to you, too!! Based on the perks, I'd be willing to bet you'll be partaking in some happy hours as well. Companies that take care of their employees tend to have stuff like that.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Progressive is consistently named as one of the best companies to work for. Awesome, congrats!