Options

I am going to start studying for the C| EH

2»

Comments

• Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    I'm in the south, but my home router supports QoS. I would be down to do some recapping, video reviews, summarizations and lectures.

I always learn better when multiple people are discussing something.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    I'm in the south, but my home router supports QoS. I would be down to do some recapping, video reviews, summarizations and lectures.

I always learn better when multiple people are discussing something.

Cool.
    Where are you in your studies? I made up my mind .. I am getting the All in one edition book.
    Also ... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsI13Vz702wJzmptPige_5w
  • Options
    Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +2 on Matt Walker Book, i Knocked out the Cert in 2 months exactly, used Virtual Box with Kali and a spare Windows 7 box as a target machine. For me to succeed i had to read the the AIO book 2 times and Oriyano 1 time

I would strongly encourage the use of Quizlet, its free and there are so many Study Guides made you are bound to find one that works for the missing pieces. I did the Free Trial for CBT nuggets i'd say it was ok, i mainly used it for the Free PDFs they gave out as supplemental study.
  • Options
    Z0sickx wrote: »
    +2 on Matt Walker Book, i Knocked out the Cert in 2 months exactly, used Virtual Box with Kali and a spare Windows 7 box as a target machine. For me to succeed i had to read the the AIO book 2 times and Oriyano 1 time

I would strongly encourage the use of Quizlet, its free and there are so many Study Guides made you are bound to find one that works for the missing pieces. I did the Free Trial for CBT nuggets i'd say it was ok, i mainly used it for the Free PDFs they gave out as supplemental study.

Cool!thanks!
  • Options
    I didn't get to read my security plus book but I am watching ... more less listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfyA7ZsgVO8
  • Options
    ordered official course-ware tonight
  • Options
    Cool.
    Where are you in your studies? I made up my mind .. I am getting the All in one edition book.
    Also ... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsI13Vz702wJzmptPige_5w

I am currently in Network Security and Vulnerabilities, specifically in (D)Dos. (Buffer Overflows). I just purchased a CEH V9 Groupon course. The reviews were great and a friend of mine said it was a great course. It was only 25 bucks

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed a few days ago and created a thread about what I saw on the exam. Maybe I mentioned some things that you guys might find useful.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    E Double U wrote: »
    I passed a few days ago and created a thread about what I saw on the exam. Maybe I mentioned some things that you guys might find useful.

I saw,I read.Thanks.

It is !
  • Options
    I got my iClass and my e-courseware.

I bought the All-in-One: Exam Guide.

Time to get this done
  • Options
    nokourinokouri Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't even started this class yet but dreading it so much. Hopefully once I start, it won't be too bad!
  • Options
    nokouri wrote: »
    I haven't even started this class yet but dreading it so much. Hopefully once I start, it won't be too bad!

If you have passion for it .... it won't be bad
    positive thoughts = positive results ....IMHO
  • Options
    starting to read the CEH:all in one
  • Options
    i am on chapter 3
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @horus

Exactly, Data Mining and Warehouse Management.
  • Options
    gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @horus,

Good Work bud, i just completed CEH couple of weeks ago, couple of advice which i followed
    - Go through AIO and Sean Oriyano CEH v9 Books
    - If you have time go through Official CEH v9 Books or skim through the pages
    - also try to go through Pluralsight( if you have pluralsight access from org) CEH prep from- (Dale Meredith - he is super cool) and Troy Hunt and then go through CEH Offical PDF's which will be much easier according to me
    - Take Practise on Skillset **** (Most recommended)
    - if you still got time and money get boson using coupon from retailme or their facebook page and practise for exam
    - Practise Labs from CEH (This will help you most in future career)

Most Important : from AIO - Book a date and start preparing
    [h=5]Good Luck :)[/h]
    Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• Options
    I finished the Sean Oriyano book awhile back. My work paid for a CBT Nuggets subscription so I am doing the CEHv9 Keith Barker course. I'm about 75% complete (There's 108 videos). Currently on the Wordpress vulnerability module. I was given a mandatory vacation last week so I've been doing this all week. I take my exam January 2nd. It will be a remote exam and I will let you know how I did.

Follow my OSCP Thread!