Options

Passed the 901 & 902 Today! Review of Study Material!

Daneil3144Daneil3144 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just took and the Comptia A+ 901 & 902 back to back today and passed. Study time took about month.

Just various resources which I will rank, from what I think was the most useful to the least.

1.) Mike Meyer’s Lynda Video Course – Awesome. Mike Meyers is animated and enthusiastic. There is something about explaining RAID with pizza and toppings that made it really stick. His passion makes you want to continue you watching. (I see why there is no wedding band J j/k

2.) David Prowse’s Exam Cram – This book is amazing. It is concise and to the point. There is no fluff and it covers what needs to be covered. It doesn’t separate 901 & 902, which is good because there was one question that I received on the 901(having to do with command prompts and group policy), which was covered in 902 in the other material.

3.) Professor Messer’s Notes – Takes the important parts of the 901 & 902 and breaks it down into a few pages. A good refresher if you are relaxing at the house, or before you take.

4.) Professor Messer Video’s – The information is there, yet it is slow and dry. Speed it up to 1.5x via youtube for it to hold your interest.. I also have an issue with him wanting $99 for it to be watched offline. Anyone savvy enough can rip it off youtube.

5.) CBTNuggets – Watched all the videos since they are so short. But, keyword they are short, like missing essentially information. Doesn’t discuss MHZ of memory at all in one of the nuggets. Felt like he kept trying to plug crucial.com and his love for flying airplanes. I don’t care that you are a pilot. Stick to A+ and stop making jokes about Mike Tyson. And you knew you could have caught that missing of Blu-Ray as Blue-Ray before you guys uploaded the videos. But good/lively refresher.

6.) Mike Myers A+ Bible – Yes, it is thick and as dense as the bible. Got it from the library. Didn’t get past the first few chapters. TLDR.

Comments

• Options
    Falls_TechFalls_Tech Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats....one month and both exams on the same day. Now thats impressive. I'm in final wrap up mode for the 902. My study is always overkill.

I think I'd rate Professor Messer a little higher than MM, but they're both excellent. I didn't care for that pizza demo. Dave Prowse new 'question book' is excellent.
  • Options
    STXRGFSTXRGF Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the A+. Passing both exams back to back with only a month of study time is very impressive.

I am currently 1/3rd of the way through studying for the 901. I would have to say I agree 100% with your top 4, I use all of them and feel both instructors have great info but the difference in presentation suits some people over others. I feel like Myers passion is contagious and helps me stay motivated to continue studying and watching his videos.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vuedoolorvuedoolor Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is that list in the order of your favorite guide with Mike Meyer of lynda being your # 1 recommendation?
  • Options
    Daneil3144Daneil3144 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vuedoolor wrote: »
    Is that list in the order of your favorite guide with Mike Meyer of lynda being your # 1 recommendation?

Yes, it is...actually tied with David Prowse Exam Cram
  • Options
    vuedoolorvuedoolor Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daneil3144 wrote: »
    Yes, it is...actually tied with David Prowse Exam Cram

Thank you

I already have exam cram so now I'm gonna get a lynda account and probably professor messer's notes as well