Options

Suggestions

cwicwi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, even though I have been reading you all threads for about two years. I am currently a Service Desk Tech I and have been with the company for a little over a year now. My former manager who recently went to another company asked me what do I see my self doing in the next year or so as he thinks that I have already out grew our helpdesk. I told him either PC Support or Networking. So without me knowing before he left a few weeks ago he told the Director of Technical Service about my interests. So the Director is setting up a meeting with me to go down to the PC Support area with the PC techs to get a feel of things. I told him that if they have any special projects or needed help with anything that I would be glad to help as this would be a learning experience for me. I am at a point where I'm not sure where I want to go in IT. I'm 22 with an Associates in Networking and like I said before I have been on the helpdesk for about a year and some months. I am a little nervous to meet with them as they are a little intimidating when we as a helpdesk ask them questions before we escalate issues to them and sometime they seem to be unwilling to help.

Any suggestions on what type of questions or what I should do when meeting with them?

Thanks.