Passed 70-410 Today!!! First try!!!

romevjrromevjr Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
I took 70-410 for the first time and passed today!!! I was really sweating this test and kept putting it off.

Sources of study:
Testout, Exam Ref, FreeITlearning.com vids, Created a Hyper-V domain lab, Don Poulton Cert guide, MeasureUp and Transcender exams. Then went through TechNet to beef up on things I still wasn't sure about. I think this helped a lot.

The way I studied:
I used Testout 70-410. It made me familiar with the OS and terms I didn't know. You will need more though. the test questions are nothing like the real test. I then went through the Exam Ref. I setup a Hyper-V lab for practice. I read most of Don Poulton Cert Guide. I also watched Free IT Training vids on youtube. Finally went through MeasureUp and Transcender practice tests. Not sure how much they helped. Nothing like the real test. MeasureUP had a similar testing environment, but the content wasn't quite the same.

For 70-411 I am going to use Testout, Exam Ref, CBT Nuggets, and practice exams.

Comments

• doublehunterdoublehunter Posts: 59Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! did the don poulton book covered a lot on the topics?
  • PiersPiers Posts: 454Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • romevjrromevjr Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Don Poulton book was pretty good I thought. It got a little vague with active directory. I thought it should have covered more in depth information, but I guess it was created just to pass the test. I'm looking at the training guide for 70-411 right now. I think it may be my go to book for this study session. I set up my lab to follow it.
  • romevjrromevjr Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I see you have MCSA 2012. 70-409 take the place of one of the MCSA requirements?
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek 70-410, 70-411 Posts: 304Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! This isn't a gimme at all.

What book are you using for the 70-411? I'm using the Sybex and it is REALLY light on material.
  • KainWiredKainWired Posts: 6Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek, I also didn't like the Sybex for 70-411. Passed the test a week ago by using Orin Thomas' 411 Training Guide, a little Technet and the Boson exam sim.

Grats Romejvr. The 411 is a little harder I think but if you passed 410 in one go then I'm sure you won't have much trouble.

To answer your question above - there are a few exams you can do in place of 70-412. I also did 70-409 for my MCSA because it was more applicable (and likely much easier). You can find the alternatives on the MCSA cert page on the MS site.
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,166Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats !icon_cheers.gif
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Posts: 471Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek 70-410, 70-411 Posts: 304Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll take a look at at book. Thanks for the info!