Options

December 2016 CISA Exam- Clarifications

rsm789rsm789 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am giving the CISA exam on Dec 10, 2016. I have a few questions for preparing for the exam. Kindly clarify.

I bought the:
(a). CISA Review Manual 26th Edition and
(b). CISA- Review Questions, Answers and Explanation Manual - 11th Edition

My questions are:

1. Are the two books enough or do we need to refer to any extra material?
2. Is (b) different from the Q And A database given by ISACA? If yes, do I need to buy the database or would (b) be enough?
3. (a) has few scenario based questions at the end of each chapter. (b) does not have any scenario based questions - Where do we practice those from?
4. How many scenario based questions can we expect on the main exam?

Please throw some light on the above ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Peers and(or) seniors..Please help.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

1) It "should" be enough. depending on your experience and how you study.
    2) I used the database, I think using the database is more effective and easier.
    3 & 4) when I took the exam in 2015 I don't remember getting any long scenario based question, but this might have changed after they changed the questions from 200 to 150.
  • Options
    DistordDistord Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The book has the same questions as in the online database.
  • Options
    revboxrevbox Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm getting ready for this one myself and like you, have those two pieces of material.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional stuff, I am all ears.
  • Options
    revboxrevbox Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The ISACA official study group had a post where someone mentioned the following: https://www.cybrary.it/course/crisc/

I'm trying to get into the official LinkedIn CRISC groups, but waiting on moderator approval. Someone suggested that as another resource.
  • Options
    Thanks @wd40 . You are right, the pattern has changed and scenario based questions are going to appear from the beginning of 2016..
  • Options
    revbox wrote: »
    The ISACA official study group had a post where someone mentioned the following: https://www.cybrary.it/course/crisc/

I'm trying to get into the official LinkedIn CRISC groups, but waiting on moderator approval. Someone suggested that as another resource.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    Hi,

1) It "should" be enough. depending on your experience and how you study.
    2) I used the database, I think using the database is more effective and easier.
    3 & 4) when I took the exam in 2015 I don't remember getting any long scenario based question, but this might have changed after they changed the questions from 200 to 150.

You are right, the CISA exam beginning 2016 will have scenario based questions..thanks for confirming!
  • Options
    Distord wrote: »
    The book has the same questions as in the online database.

Thankyou!
  • Options
    revbox wrote: »
    I'm getting ready for this one myself and like you, have those two pieces of material.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional stuff, I am all ears.

yes, any 2016 test takers.. will be able to help with the situation of scenario based questions.. Any inputs anyone?
  • Options
    The_AMThe_AM Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rsm789 wrote: »
    yes, any 2016 test takers.. will be able to help with the situation of scenario based questions.. Any inputs anyone?

10 December 2016, doomsday: It was noticed that there were 3 questions which were to be answered against a single scenario.