Options

290 Exam in waiting

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
Finished reading the Sybex book in 1 month. Have lab set up at home 1 2003 Domain controller. 1 XP Pro desktop. From reading book i feel quite a lot of it will be similar to the XP exam, anyone with past experience of doing both exams, any input of the difficulty between the 2 exams.

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested too, since the 290 is next for me, and I'd like to wipe it out quickly, yet still learn it.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A good friend of mine said the XP exam was harder. He took them both around the same time. He has alot of MS exams under his belt though..
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My mentors at Techskills said that it was different because there were tons of simulation questions.

They theorized, but have no concrete evidence, that you get docked here and there for using Icons on the desktop to access things during simulations, so make sure to go the Start> route :)
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    270 is more basic in concepts, but requires alot more misc info.
    290 elaborates on topics from 270 in more detail.

If you nail 270, 290 is really not that hard.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    PurdueTomPurdueTom Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck all...

I am also planning to take the 290 exam in a few weeks. I studied the M$ Press book on the 290 and blew threw more than half of it because it mirrored the 270.

I anticipate the test will hit hard on managing groups and backup/recovery. I have really just focused my efforts on the backup and recovery.