Options

Remote Access Software

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey everyone
Was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with remote access software for personal use. Could be free or $ but I'm just looking for a stable way of accessing family computers remotely in order to properly assist them. I used to use LogMeIn a while ago but would love to hear alternatives.

Thanks
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use TeamViewer (free) for home use.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I second the TeamViewer software. Very stable and user friendly. I have it installed on a Linux server, several Windows machines, my iPad, and my iPhone.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I used to use LogMeIn when it was free and TeamViewer before they were compromised. VNC (there are many versions) works well enough and is free, but the graphics are usually pretty bad. The best paid for remote software I've used is LogMeIn Rescue in terms of quality and features.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i use teamviewer and also have it installed on my cell phone so i can access it from anywhere i have a cell signal
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To all recommending Teamviewer:
    Haven't used it in about a year and was wondering if they limit the access control from the interface. Can I still control keyboard and mouse when prompted?
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As others have said.... TV
  • Options
    tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Use TeamViewer 11 it the best ! and yes you can control anything has if you were in front of the PC yourself.