Options

Certification Goals for 2017

Comments

• Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Are you referring to the certifications by Treadstone 71?

Please post a review of your training and certification experience. We have no mention of the Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence certs here on TE.

@JDMurray, yes I am. I went through Treadstone 71 's Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft this past March branded as FS-ISAC Threat Intelligence course... I am a big enough fan that I want to go back for his second level training/ certification. PM me what exactly you would like.

The certification is issued at the end of the course after a hands-on collaborative presentation. we had 21 students and were broke out into 5 groups to complete the intelligence gathering, analysis, and report/presentation.
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    jcundiff wrote: »
    @JDMurray, yes I am. I went through Treadstone 71 's Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft this past March branded as FS-ISAC Threat Intelligence course... I am a big enough fan that I want to go back for his second level training/ certification. PM me what exactly you would like.

The certification is issued at the end of the course after a hands-on collaborative presentation. we had 21 students and were broke out into 5 groups to complete the intelligence gathering, analysis, and report/presentation.

So I was reading over the Treadstone 71 page and it shows on-demand training. I was not able to locate it or find any info on it.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So I was reading over the Treadstone 71 page and it shows on-demand training. I was not able to locate it or find any info on it.

You would have to contact them to set up the on-demand... I think they are 100% instructor led, live courses but you can schedule them on demand. We are working on a Counter Intel/Clandestine Operations course with them that may end up being opened to other companies... not 100% sure on that but working on it
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA sec jan- march
    CCNA Cyber Ops March-Jun
    CEH

that's the plan anyway icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1) Challenge the GCIH
    2) EWPT
    3) ECPPT
    4?) Squeeze in that Linux+ I've been meaning to do for the past 2-3 years
    5?) Maybe challenge the CEH for resume checkbox point

I figure this should set me up well for OSCP in 2018. Might swap the ECPPT/EWPT order. Also learning Python on the side the entire time--like no less than 1.5 hours per week.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. CISSP
    2. CEH
    3. re-evaluate plan in 6 months
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MSCA and ICND 2
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. CCNA Cyber Ops
    2. CCNP Switch
    3. F5 101 + 201
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • Options
    jayarr01jayarr01 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi friends,

I was actually planning to take JNCIA last year 2016. Unfortunately, exam voucher (fast track) was already stopped by Juniper. Not sure how to proceed now as they also increased the exam fee by 200% (from $100 now it's $200).

Anybody who are on the same page with me? Glad to hear your thoughts and hope we could help each other out.

Thanks,
    Jay 😊
  • Options
    Paul-777Paul-777 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This year has to be:

CISSP
    CCSP
    CREST Registered Tester

Did a lot of the work last year reading bits for those...

Everything's slightly on hold until the CRISC results are in though. No other reason than it's a distraction
  • Options
    dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CASP, CSA+, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jayarr01 wrote: »
    Hi friends,

I was actually planning to take JNCIA last year 2016. Unfortunately, exam voucher (fast track) was already stopped by Juniper. Not sure how to proceed now as they also increased the exam fee by 200% (from $100 now it's $200).

Anybody who are on the same page with me? Glad to hear your thoughts and hope we could help each other out.

Thanks,
    Jay ��

Sorry to hear that, everyone I know who took the JNCIA and IS used the fast track program. Really there's not much study material for those exams without those tracks, surprised to hear the change. Especially the price increase as that was one of the few incentives to certify with Juniper.

Anyways for me I'm going for the CCDP and that's it, focusing more on experience at this point. If I ever move to a Vendor or VAR wouldn't mind taking a shot at an IE cert, just hard to justify the resources otherwise these days.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    jayarrz1989jayarrz1989 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yah. I guess I will have to do this exam without a voucher. thanks for the feedback stlsmoore.
  • Options
    lloris_20lloris_20 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Network +

possibly April/May
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hopefully,

70-646 by the end of the month to complete my MCSA, then 70-685 & 70-686 for a double MCITP.

Then CCNA, followed by Sec+ & Linux+. Probably just about doable if I pass all the MS exams first time around. If not it'll make it more difficult.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    ISC2 CCSP [Certified Cloud Security Professional] (Studying)
    CISA [Certified Information Systems Auditor] (Potentially/Possibly if I have time later this year)
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    leboratoricalleboratorical Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2017:
    CCSK
    maybe OSCP
    TOGAF

Having a hard look at starting a BSC at the end of the year.

Already had to tweak my aim. Now 2017 looks like:
    CCSK
    ejPT
    maybe TOGAF
    BSc starting end of the year.
    However I know my company is now getting interested in cloud, and of course I need to stay relevant, so things may change.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Final cut off for getting the CCENT is January 2018 but hoping to get it by the end of this year (2017).
  • Options
    lloris_20lloris_20 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed my Network+ in May.

The rest may not be cert related, but I am going to learn the following by end of year:
    - Linux commandline
    -Getting better in Python.

If I have time left before end of 2017,
    I will start studying for CompTIA Cloud+ (not sure if I do the cert)
  • Options
    Mohamed H Al LawatiMohamed H Al Lawati Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

I have already planned to apply for Windows Certificates + CCNA. However, my manager requested me to apply for CISSP first before thinking about other certificates.
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Cyberops (starting with cohort 3), Updating my MCSA Win Server with exam 70-743 and finally becoming MCSE with exam 70-744 :)

Should be enough for 2017...
  • Options
    zeitgeist29zeitgeist29 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right now I'm working on my CCENT which hopefully I'll have by early to mid July. Then I'm going for Sec+ since a lot of jobs around me are looking for it (I live near 4 AF bases and one army) and I wanna get into security. And god willing a CCNA Sec or R&S (MAYBE both if I can manage but we'll see). Like I said I really wanna do security but I figure the sec+ would hold me over for some time so I can do CCNA R&S then go balls to the walls over the next 2 years and get my CCNP Sec follwed by CCIE at some point. Woohooo, aim for the Jupiter and I'll land somewhere in outer space.
  • Options
    zeitgeist29zeitgeist29 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Smilymarco wrote: »
    CCNA Cyberops (starting with cohort 3), Updating my MCSA Win Server with exam 70-743 and finally becoming MCSE with exam 70-744 :)

Should be enough for 2017...

CCNA Cyberops seems super interesting...maybe I'll add that to my list too. CCNA Cyberops vs CCNA Security...I wanna do both...but I think I'll wait till I get my CCENT and Sec+ and go from there.
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm late but I'm thinking GCIH and eJPT.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plan for 2017...
    Renew VCP-6 done in Feb.
    ISC2 SSCP done in March
    Veeam VMCE , I writting this test June 1st, almost done ! I did the free take at VeeamON and I barely failed (65%, 70% required, on 50 question).

CISSP I would like to write it in June before the holiday. But there is more chance it will be in late august

Then for fall 2017, it should be MCSA on Server 2016 or CCSP
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP:RS (completed), CISSP (by EOM June) and PMP (before the end of the year)
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Finish up Linux+ (Completed)
    CCNA Security (Labbing and studying daily now)
    CCNP Switch (Have Global Knowledge virtual boot camp in July)

If I'm real good maybe have CCNP Route and finish up the CCNP around 2018
  • Options
    leboratoricalleboratorical Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That time where you realise you have bitten of more than you can chew. My new gals are now much more modest.... And I hope achievable
    AWS Solutions Architect Associate: August
    Start Open University degree: September

That's it. I'm going hard over 217/2018 for starting my degree, and I have no idea exactly how hard this is likely to be, so I am going to keep it realistic. When I know exactly how hard these courses are and whether I can sustain it, then I'll consider adding more. It's been many many years since I've been in an academic institution.
  • Options
    flyerxlflyerxl Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Going to attend a boot camp in a week, so hoping to knock out MCSA Server 2012 with that. After that, possibly Azure and then would love to focus on AWS/Linux
  • Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Working on CCNP Route right now..