Comptia IT Pro Day - Earn CEUs

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
https://www.comptia.org/events/view/it-pro-day

December 7, 2016 10:30 AM

IT Pro Day is an exciting virtual all-day event. Participate in four informative and educational one-hour sessions and hear an engaging keynote from CompTIA’s president and CEO, Todd Thibodeaux. Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) towards CompTIA certification renewal by attending these sessions. Each session is valid for one CEU.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, but when I try to register it just redirect me to the same page.
    Anyone had luck registering?
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    https://www.comptia.org/events/view/it-pro-day

December 7, 2016 10:30 AM

IT Pro Day is an exciting virtual all-day event. Participate in four informative and educational one-hour sessions and hear an engaging keynote from CompTIA’s president and CEO, Todd Thibodeaux. Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) towards CompTIA certification renewal by attending these sessions. Each session is valid for one CEU.

Thank you...Is there a list on TE of CEU links that anyone knows of?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @ shochan

I didn't fully under your question..

Is this the info you're looking for?

https://www.comptia.org/itpros/home

FAQs and Troubleshooting
    How many CEUs can I receive for watching a CompTIA IT Pro Day?
    You can receive one (1) CEU per one-hour session. Check agenda for which sessions qualify for specific certification CEUs. Please note the following limits on the amount of CEUs that can be earned within a three-year cycle for webinars:

CompTIA A+ 4 CEUs
    CompTIA Network+ 6 CEUs
    CompTIA Security+ 10 CEUs
    CompTIA Cloud+ 10 CEUs
    CASP 20 CEUs
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    I was wondering if there were other known websites/webinars to gain CompTIA CEU's...

I know that Professor Messer has these monthly, and this event CompTIA is putting on all day Monday.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Technically this post is not webinar specific...

If you have some kind of US Department of Defense affiliation, the Ft. Gordon IA Fundamentals online course is worth 40 CEUs. For US veterans or DoD personnel, check out fedvte.org.

If your company has SkillSoft access, some SkillSoft courses are worth CEUs. You can also join the Association for Computing Machinery (acm.org) for $99 a year and get access to some SkillSoft courses.

Look under the "For U.S. Dept. of Defense" [badly titled because most of the listings are not DoD specific] column on this page:
    https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/how-to-renew/earn-continuing-education-units
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    I get emails from SCMagazine for webinars multiple times a week. Try Googling "SCVirtual Conference" or "SC Virtual Conference." I cannot vouch for whether they meet CompTIA standards or not because I don't need the CEUs right now. (CASP renewed my other CompTIA certs and CISSP will renew CASP.)

You can also try looking at organizations affiliated with cybersecurity conferences to see if they sponsor webinars.
    https://www.concise-courses.com/security/conferences-of-2016/
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My CEU's were added to my Certmetrics account today, unfortunately they only added 4 CEU's instead the 6 I should have been eligible for with Network+. I might go back and look at the agenda and try to manually add 2 more CEU's for the sessions it didn't count automatically.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was reading the earlier post as saying that this IT Pro Day offered 6 CEU's for Network+, when it was simply saying that was the maximum that could be applied. This seminar only had 4 sessions, thus 4 CEU's.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
    Technically this post is not webinar specific...

If you have some kind of US Department of Defense affiliation, the Ft. Gordon IA Fundamentals online course is worth 40 CEUs. For US veterans or DoD personnel, check out fedvte.org.

If your company has SkillSoft access, some SkillSoft courses are worth CEUs. You can also join the Association for Computing Machinery (acm.org) for $99 a year and get access to some SkillSoft courses.

Look under the "For U.S. Dept. of Defense" [badly titled because most of the listings are not DoD specific] column on this page:
    https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/how-to-renew/earn-continuing-education-units

Yeah, I used FEDvte & went through the C|EH course, which was 31hrs, which is like 150 videos, and passed the quiz at the end...It renewed my CompTIA triage (A+, Net+, Sec+) till mid 2022. Thank goodness that is outta the way, now I can focus on other studies.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Holy thread necro!
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CompTIA does not make it easy to earn CEUs. ISC2 seems to offer more latitude in CEUs.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil