Options

What NOT to put on your resume

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just received this in my email. What NOT to put on your resume.

Thought this might be helpful for some people here.

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with every point.
    In addition I also keep my resume down to a single page, and include a linkedin profile link which doesnt show my picture.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's some common sense.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Agree. In my eyes this should be universally known. I giggled at the person in the comments asking if he/she should add the LinkedIn URL. No genius, just keep that great self-marketing tool private from potential employers.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like good common sense advice.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I giggled at the person in the comments asking if he/she should add the LinkedIn URL. No genius, just keep that great self-marketing tool private from potential employers.

Assuming that you follow the rules for your linked in profile, too.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd go as far as putting "Undisclosed" for your current company if you are worried about them contacting your current employer, especially if you have to go through a recruiter.
  • Options
    jerry557jerry557 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I disagree with tossing jobs that have nothing to do with your field.

The problem is a lot of employers and recruiters see employment gaps in the resume and they assume its a red flag. So I would still mention the irrelevant job to show there is no gap there. But just dont focus on it.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Employers that have choices look for reasons to disqualify candidates. You should always ensure the info that should be there, is but you should also ensure the resume contains as few reasons to disqualify you as possible.