Options

I need an expert advise to get CCNA 200-125 Certification.

Omar zaidanOmar zaidan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys

my name is Omar and ive been in networking filed for around 4 years and am so disappointed on my self cuz i didn't get certified (CCNA R&S) simply because am afraid to fail (i know it sounds stupid ) so i decided to take the step and will appreciate the help from experts here . My first goal is CCNA then CCNP .

thx in advance

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Decide if you are going to do the one test or two test route and then buy the voucher, set an exam date and then schedule the exam.

Decide on what you are going to use for study materials and then finish those materials by your exam date. If it's a couple of days before your exam and you have not gotten through your material then I would reschedule your exam to give you more time to study.

Ultimately, you have to come to grips with the fact that you may fail. However, this fear can be overcome by realizing how a cert can have a positive effect on your career. At the very least it should help you get past HR filters when you are applying to a new job with better pay, more responsibilities, etc. Focus on the positive effects of getting the cert and use it as motivation instead of just focusing on the fear.
  • Options
    soleteksoletek Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Afraid to fail? How can you be in the Networking field if you are afraid to fail? Do you not deal with Enterprise Infrastructure? It takes confidence, study and knowing your craft to work at that level. If you are afraid of failing the CCNA you might be in the wrong field.
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First, don't focus on failing. Study hard and you'll pass, even it's not on the first try

My second suggestion, take the 1 exam route.
  • Options
    Thx i already started studying 4 hours per day

Month and half then will go for the exam.

Kevin Wallace videos and eli the computer guy are useful ,
  • Options
    just for your info my current job or duties is only in the physical layer ....

Laying UTP and STP Cables , installing switches and routers in racks, and plus configuring switches (port security ,Vlan , trunking ,Vty )the simple tasks . i just want to step to the next level .and when i said am afraid to fail it doesn't mean i have no confidence. so if you want to advise me i will appreciate it but if u want to demoralize me i politely ask you not to comment here.

thx