Options

Best Security+ Practice Exams

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
What are the best Security+ practice exams out there? What did you guys use to pass? I completed the reading phase of my study and ready to jump into practice exams. I seriously did not want to spend an arm and a leg on a practice test software unless it was fully recommended by those who have passed.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Darril Gibson.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used CertMaster by CompTIA, came with bundle (over 700 questions, exam voucher, and retake voucher) all for about $375ish
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    I used CertMaster by CompTIA, came with bundle (over 700 questions, exam voucher, and retake voucher) all for about $375ish

Is that all you used to pass? That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Of course I'm kinda broke right now and that amount is more than half my rent.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    egrizzly wrote: »
    What are the best Security+ practice exams out there? What did you guys use to pass? I completed the reading phase of my study and ready to jump into practice exams. I seriously did not want to spend an arm and a leg on a practice test software unless it was fully recommended by those who have passed.
    Good luck on your studying!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    egrizzly wrote: »
    Is that all you used to pass? That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Of course I'm kinda broke right now and that amount is more than half my rent.

I also watched Professor Messer youtube videos & sat for his monthly LIVE webinar, which the next one is Dec 21 @ 11am CST - 1pm...You can gain CompTIA CEU's if you watch the first hour of his webinar. His $10 Sec+ notes are excellent resource too.

I also had access to skillsoft books online thru my recruiter company for free, so I had access to several Security+ books/practice questions online. I used Mike Meyers latest edition ISBN:9780071836449 and the CompTIA practice questions Sybex book ISBN:9780071833448.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Shochan: was it worth the money for the CertMaster bundle? I'm thinking about buying it for a family member.
  • Options
    The Sec+ test is $311, so if you fail it, you will be spending another $311...the bundle is $386, so for $75 you get the Certmaster practice questions (700+ of them) & a retake voucher...no brain-er!
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From a financial point of view I agree with you. Did you feel like the Certmaster content was good?