Options

Recommendations for a newbie?

dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just finished the MCSE Traing Kit Book for the 70-270 exam and now I am working with the transcenders for this exam.

I would like to here any thoughts on the transcenders and any other helpful hints that could give me a heads up.

This will be my first attempt at a MS exam. I will be taking it in the next couple weeks.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. Get the exam objectives from:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-270.asp

2. Transcenders are great, especially for MS exams. Make sure you go through all the explanations and references, and continue to use them until you score 95% or higher.

3. Perform the lab tasks in the MS training kit on a computer running XP. Also make sure you get some hands-on with all the features mentioned in the exam objectives.

4. Checkout our 70-270 stuff at:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/microsoft/70-270.shtml

5. Have a look at the Microsoft test format:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/innovations.asp

Good luck!
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Transcenders rocks.

They are really, really tough and detailed. Once you can do well with them, I'd try some regular practice exams, and you're set.

I did the Testout program for XP and it beat me up badly, but it enabled me to make a quick restudy over a year later.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much has the 70-270 exam varied over the last few years?

I am somewhat worried that most of the study material I am using is pre-SP2 and not sure if I am missing anything that might be on a more current test.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    SP2 includes stuff on windows firewall and a few other topics... nothing really too pressing from what I can remember.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?