Options

What classes to take prior to applying to WGU.

corycarbonacorycarbona Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I thought I made this post before but it didn't go through. I am applying to WGU soon and wanted to know which classes can I take online before I apply to WGU? I plan on entering in the IT networking program. I want to get through WGU as fast as possible. I currently finished stats/algebra and am taking physics. Are there any classes I can take online? Specifically computer related ones. I have taken most general ed at a community college.

Comments

• Options
    I am took the math classes at ALEKS and physics at Straighterline.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you pass the required certifications for your chosen program (before you apply) you can transfer them in as completed.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    You know the whole point of WGU is taking online classes as fast as you can, right? Why look for extra classes to take before you start? That means time and $$$.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    goatama wrote: »
    You know the whole point of WGU is taking online classes as fast as you can, right? Why look for extra classes to take before you start? That means time and $$$.
    Unless your workplace pays for all certs but not school. Then you let them pay for all the certs needed @ WGU and you complete the rest of your BS extremely cheaply.
  • Options
    goatama wrote: »

Well straighterline is 100$ a month vs WGU at 500$ a month
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Well straighterline is 100$ a month vs WGU at 500$ a month

Interesting, I hadn't heard of straighterline before. I would check with WGU admissions to see specifically which classes would transfer for the degree program you're looking at. I see that WGU is one of their partner colleges, so it might pan out well for you.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    StraighterLine has really bad reviews.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+