Options

Passed n10-006

Project1973Project1973 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all, I've just passed the network +exam with 746. Would have expected more but I guess a pass is a pass. Thanks everyone for all your advice and support and wish others all the best. I'm moving on to either security or windows server. Not sure yet.

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! What did you find difficult with the Net+ exam? How long did you study for? And what resources did you use to study with?

Security is a hot field to get into, so I would go after that next.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    GHOSTRIDER2016GHOSTRIDER2016 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welldone bro i want to take the exam in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Hi, thanks so much for your comments, I used a lot of resources to prepare as this is my 2nd attempt it at.
    I used Mike meyers all in one, exam cram, Mike meyers totalsem simulator and practice questions which I find a lot simple compared to the exam, it's still a very good resource to prepare. I also went through professor Messer's videos , pearson simulator and practice questions, comptia certmaster , I would suggest if u're willing to take the exam, pls don't rush and waste your money, the exams is very technical , u need to understand the concepts before attempting it. To be honest, if u're nee like me, I'll suggest at least 3 months of intensive study using the objectives as u go along. Another material I used is mike meyers videos in udemy, they are also good. I started preparing in summer, had the first attempt in august and passed in December, it shows how technical the course is. Pls pls pls, if u're new u need to invest in books and materials, cause it's not worth wasting money doing the exams if u're not ready... My next step is ccna, any advice as per materials and books? Thanks all.
  • Options
    Yes, I love Mike Meyer's books, easy to ready and too the point. Study hard for the CCNA, I would suggest at least 6 mo of studying, but it really depends how much free study time you have. Know subnetting up/down/left/right, lots of it on that exam. And remember, you cannot go back and review questions on the CCNA exam, once you click next, that's your answer. I haven't had success passing it, but it was when the first & second editions of CCNA that were released (failed it in late 99 & early 2000).
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice, I'm struggling in deciding which to go for first. I'm looking at going into networking, do I still need to do security + before going for ccna? I'm thinking maybe I should go straight to ccna than security + any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    I think either direction is fine, both will get you a good job. If you are wanting to get into networking, go Cisco...If you want to be a logger, get into security because you basically have to review logs all day. LOL
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind going for a logger provided the money is rolling in, ����. Thanks I'll go for cisco.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.