Options

Passed VCP6-DCV exam today

whizkidwhowhizkidwho Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say thank you to this forum especially the daily vmware quiz help me to think of why you would do something one way as opposed another way.

I passed my exam with 424 which i was hoping to pass with a higher score but overall happy with the results.

The questions that i found the toughest was the output of esxcli commands as i rarely use them.

I have been working with vmware for over 3 years now i started with version 5.1 then 5.5, and now at my recent company I've been working with 6.

Comments

• Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi whizkidwho,

Congrats with passing the exam. Did you use any books for exam preparation?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!!
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! what were your study methods!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hi whizkidwho,

Congrats with passing the exam. Did you use any books for exam preparation?

Thanks! I used VCP6-DCV official Cert Guide 3rd edition along with using the brown bagger video. I also asked a lot of question with my mentor who is vcap-dcv and have a home lab to play around with.
  • Options
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Congrats! what were your study methods!

i used VCP6-DCV official cert guide 3rd edition. I also watched the vcp-dcv brown baggers video along with having a home lab to play with to understand key concept such as DRS/HA/FT. I also had to benefit of working with my mentor on a daily bases who is a vcap-dcv to help me understand and explain key concepts to me.

To be completely honest even though I passed I feel like there is so much more to learn and I'm just barely touching the surface.
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Congratulations. Great work!

How did you feel through the exam?
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com