Options

Good Office Chair

2»

Comments

• Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My home office chair is around 14 years old. I've gotten so used to it, I think replacing it would drive me crazy...

Sadly they don't make it anymore.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Those Workpro chairs look really hot. Someone sits at the chair all day would get sweaty no?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no one mentioned the Herman miller competition, Steelcase chairs, so I'll drop them in here too... personally I use a Herman Miller...

https://www.steelcase.com/products/seating/office-chairs/
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    xxxkaliboyxxx,
    No, the chairs are not hot at all.

cyberguypr,
    That is very nice of you. I would pitch in but I want to take care of my wife's nieces and nephew so they have a nice Xmas. They have had a hard time as of late.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whatever you do, buy a good chair. You're going to spend a lot of time sitting in it if you're working or studying. Aeron are supposed to be very good, it's on my to buy list when we move home.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also looked at these chairs - definitely geeky! :P Anyone have one of these?

http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/

Here are some good ones too

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/best-office-desk-chairs/
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It's funny I was thinking why DX Racer chairs didn't pop up in this discussion. They are pretty popular in /r/battlestations and I see them pop up all the time on Massdrop. I know zero about them so hopefully someone who has one can chime in. As much as I love Recaro type seats for cars I have a hard time picturing one of those in my home office.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Anyway, PJ, I'm thinking about your butt (not in that way!) so go find a chair up to $100 somewhere online, PM me your address and I will make sure you have it in your house before Christmas. Happy Holidays!

P.S. If you refer to me as "Santa" the deal is off icon_smile.gif
    So this kindness completely surprised the hell out of me. Not just because it's cyberguypr and NewNewb (haha jk) but because of the timing in my life. Without getting boring and lame, let's just say that the gesture means more to me than a chair ever will. I absolutely appreciate the offer more than I can really express.

However, I would not feel right accepting financial help to buy myself a chair, when there are so many other people who are experiencing crisis and hardship. I've been inside of countless homes in my own city where children have to sleep on floors and do not have clean clothes to wear. I choose to forego a nice office chair so my children can have a good life. But some kids don't even have desks to do their homework on.

So I thought, maybe we can get a thread going in Off-Topic and choose a reputable charity that we can each donate $5 to. Or maybe just a thread where we post who we donated to, and why that charity means something to us to help raise awareness for the cause.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw that a couple of people are at standing desks.... What made you make the change from sitting to standing?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860

However, I would not feel right accepting financial help to buy myself a chair, when there are so many other people who are experiencing crisis and hardship. I've been inside of countless homes in my own city where children have to sleep on floors and do not have clean clothes to wear. I choose to forego a nice office chair so my children can have a good life. But some kids don't even have desks to do their homework on.

not to be passing out cyberguypr's money or anything, but just take the chair

I know I have had times in my life when I was dirt poor, and I have had times when I'm doing pretty well. So while I'm not buying you a chair, I try to buy the young guy's at work a free meal every so often. Occasionally they will be like, "you dont have to do that", I always tell them, never pass up a free meal.

cyber could donate a $1000 to a charity, and who knows how that money will impact anyone. Or he can spend a $100 on a chair for you and make your day/month, etc, if anything it will certainly be something you wont forget, and I assume that is worth a $100
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    naclh2onaznaclh2onaz Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Recently bought this chair for when I work from home:
    https://www.wayfair.com/La-Z-Boy-Cantania-High-Back-Executive-Office-Chair-45776-LZ1356.html

Its super comfortable and sturdy. I hope it lasts me a few years!
    2017 Goals:
    CISSP [X]
    2018 Goals:
    CRISC [ ]
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Last call for the offer. My yearly national and local charity run is done so if you decline no one will benefit from it.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is the one I just started using and it definitely makes a difference on my back:

I have one of those at work. This is similar to what I use at home. https://www.relaxtheback.com/office/ergonomic-chairs/kneeling-chairs/ergonomic-kneeling-chair-memory-foam.html

It's been good for my back, but after several hours my knees bother me. I have a regular desk chair I can switch to, but usually I use the kneeing chair. It's a good 10 years old, I might need to replace it, but it's still in good condition, I paid over $300 for it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Last call for the offer. My yearly national and local charity run is done so if you decline no one will benefit from it.
    OK, I'll PM you in a little bit.