Options

Job offer at GE...anyone have any input

sj4088sj4088 Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
thanks for the input

Comments

• Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sj4088 wrote: »
    CCIE Security, CCIE Service Provider certifications in conjunction with the Data Center and Routing & Switching disciplines
    CCIE Data Center and Routing & Switching certification or demonstrated equivalency

ummm.....yeah.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    sounds like a great position -upper $90s?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    brewboybrewboy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Quad CCIE preferred but will settle for a double!

Took a quick look on indeed for CCIE in OH (avg $100,00) and GA (avg $136,000)
    But with the responsibilities/requirements listed you can probably fetch a lot more depending on experience
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=glassdoor+GE+network+engineer+salary

"The typical GE Network Engineer salary is $78,562. Network Engineer salaries at GE can range from $60,000-$99,568. This estimate is based upon 7 GE Network Engineer salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.Sep 6, 2016"

very low for a CCIE.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i worked at GE for a contract role, and pay was pretty good and varied massively from person to person with no rhyme or reason. I think you should get over six figures for that role assuming you are somewhat qualified.

My experience at GE was great. I loved it there and would gladly go back. Plus it is a cool company that does all kinds of stuff, lots of opportunity
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    With all those CCIEs they are requesting, I would think a 6 figure salary is not out of the question.

If they won't budge, then negotiate for other benefits like work at home, extra vacation, tuition/certification reimbursement, etc, etc.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work at GE so I can tell you based on the job title and req they will be looking for those specific qualifications if that's what is in the job description. Salary wise, I'm not sure. Job titles recently got changed for all roles so glassdoor and sites like that won't be much help to equate things to salary.

I would ask for about 120k but say it's based on the role and details you get about it from the interviews. Based on your experience you should have a general idea how much work is entailed once you you interview and be able to put a dollar amount on it.

I wouldn't focus too highly on base either. Their bonus structure is very generous depending on what band you come in at. Go through the interview and see where it takes you. Don't jump the gun too much on the money side after you give your initial number.