Options

Happy Holidays

kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have several positions open. Note that some of these spots are 100% remote.

In order for me to send you links to apply, you need to have consecutive employment history. Meaning those who just started a job a few months ago, or have gaps in employment, or worked at previous employers for a year or two, this isn’t for you. You can send me a modified resume if you wish, or your linkedin page.

Security Analyst: Must have a background in sysadmin, network admin, programming or a combo. You should also have some type of writing experience (docs, blogs, white papers, etc.)

Cloud Engineer: Must have solid programming experience in Python, Ruby, AWS, and Agile SW development (3+ years). DevOps experience is preferred.

Vuln Engineer: Must have solid programming experience in Python, Perl, etc. Must also have 3+ years of research exp, know how to setup environments to trigger vulns. Know your way around packet captures, and have sysadmin exp.

I also have paid Intern positions available (Must live in the MD/DC/NoVA area). Additionally, I also have Full stack, SW engineer, UX, and sales positions open as well.

Send me a PM /w questions. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very nice!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Excellent News Kiki162!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    kiki162 wrote: »
    [...] or worked at previous employers for a year or two, this isn’t for you.

Given our industry, isn't that cutting out a HUGE number of otherwise awesome candidates? For example, I have yet to hit 5 years at any employer. But I've increased my income sixfold in the last decade, along with my skillset, so I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Not that I'm currently looking, but I just thought that was kind of an odd requirement.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That may be because kiki is putting his/her neck on the line for people on the forum. I know when I see open position and consider sending them to people I think heavily about their time in the current job and work ethic. When people work out it's great, but when they don't it can bite you in the butt.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Grinch is correct. Because I'm a super nice person (really I am), I wanted to put that disclaimer out there. I work with a lot of smart, dedicated people that don't have time for BS.

The industry average is 2-3 years, so I can agree with that, but if your a job hopper, clearly your employer isn't taking care of you.

If you do have an employer that supports your education efforts, allows you to create and build new and interesting things, and encourages you to do more...or do better, then I think that's an incentive to stay. Because if you love what you do, and the work environment is enjoyable, then the money will eventually follow.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you do have an employer that supports your education efforts, allows you to create and build new and interesting things, and encourages you to do more...or do better, then I think that's an incentive to stay. Because if you love what you do, and the work environment is enjoyable, then the money will eventually follow.

thats why I have been where I am for over 6 years
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    The industry average is 2-3 years, so I can agree with that, but if your a job hopper, clearly your employer isn't taking care of you.

Ah, okay, that makes more sense. Yeah, I don't blame you for wanting to clear out the riffraff.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    goatama wrote: »
    Given our industry, isn't that cutting out a HUGE number of otherwise awesome candidates?

You could say the same for "gaps in employment"
    Contract based employment, downsizing, cut backs etc.... if you've been around long enough one of these has probably resulted in a gap. If your lucky enough you live in a area where you are able to jump to a new position your probably able to hide the gap by only listing months.

However I wouldn't be nice enough to recommend people i don't know so......
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good stuff kiki162!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Job hopping is a killer. If you don't have contiguous experience on your resume you don't have a chance at my company.

Taking off for a sabbatical just doesn't get it done, at least where I am currently at......

Thanks for the productive post Kiki!
  • Options
    Todd7912Todd7912 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Kiki, for whatever reason I cannot PM you or anyone else for that matter. Any chance you could PM me? Perhaps I can reply. Thanks!
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Note that some of these spots are 100% remote.

For the positions that are not 100% remote, does somewhere have a zip codeicon_confused.gif:
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    The SA position above is closed

@TechGromit - It's 3 hours away from you down I-95. The Vuln Engineer position is remote as well. So if you write code well, and dabble in pen testing, that might be a good option. I'm not too far from you!