Options

Job offers

mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do you think it makes a negative impression on an employer if they call to make you an offer and you ask for some time to consider?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nope, beside you should anyway.. always look at the benefits, the cost of the benefits, growth/training opportunities with the company and of course $$.
    most importantly time( hours worked)

better to get a slow yes than a fast no or the worst a quick yes without any understanding icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    I'ts better to take your time than rushing in and quit in a few weeks.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    PurdueTomPurdueTom Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gotta agree with the previous responses, it is never a bad thing to delay acceptance. In fact, it's probably expected.

I ALWAYS have said that I am considering other offers. I also will tell them that I have interviews with other companies later that week, and that I will get back to the recruiter at the end of those interviews.

The recruiters will always come back to you asking you for a final decision at a later time. Don't believe them when they say they have other candidates.... those candidates obviously weren't their number one choice... you were.

Also, before you ask, NEVER take the first offer they give you. Always negotiate for more money, signing bonus, benefits, training, or something extra. Tell them you are worth it! AND ASK TO GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! This is hugely important.

One of my coworkers was able to get his company to pay for all his PC books, training, and certifications even though it wasn't a stated benefit. I was pretty jealous.