CRISC Dec 2016

13»

Comments

• Daedalus_techDaedalus_tech Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISM, CISA, CRISC

THANKS God.
  • jaayw1jaayw1 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got my results also - I passed. I thought I failed the exam...Whew....
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    in my exam room of like 50, there was maybe 2 that took the CRISC ?

is that about right? not many take this exam?
  • AuditDudeAuditDude Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These ISACA exams are something else.

I took the June 2016 CISA, finished in about 75 minutes and walked out of there indifferent. I did not feel too optimistic that I had passed, but I also did not think I had failed. I ended up passing. For the CISA, I only used the ISACA questions database.

I took the December 2016 CRISC, finished in about an hour. For this exam, I put in a bit more effort than I did for the CISA and actually read the study guide along with going through the ISACA database questions. I left the test location feeling great and even had illusions of possibly being in the top 5% once the results came out. Well, like many, I received my results today and my CRISC score is 100 points less than it was for the CISA, I did miserably in two of the four areas, did great on the other two.

Go figure.

I may do one more ISACA exam, the CISM, but definitely going to sit for the CISSP next.
  • natalie37203natalie37203 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□

I think there were about 8-10 of us taking the CRISC at my location - had about 50 or more in the room there, too.
  • thrillofthehuntthrillofthehunt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Auditdude - doesnt compare the CPA, thats really a crapshoot.
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took the CRISC in Kansas City area. Of the 50 or so in the room, I think there were only about 5-8 CRISC (or "Chrisk" as the proctors called it...) tops.

That being said, how are people getting the placement percentages? It wasn't listed in either my email, nor online.

Training: Several years as a "risk practitioner", but the only exam prep I did was to attend a CRISC "boot camp" the week of the exam. Did fairly poor in two categories, and somewhat ok in the other two. Passed with a 485.

I suppose at that low of a score, one should be content just to have passed, but I am curious if they only post percentages if you score at 20% or higher.
  • thrillofthehuntthrillofthehunt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Indeed they only tell you if you were in the top 20, 10, 5 or so %.
  • natalie37203natalie37203 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RogueJD wrote: »
    Took the CRISC in Kansas City area. Of the 50 or so in the room, I think there were only about 5-8 CRISC (or "Chrisk" as the proctors called it...) tops.

That would have drove me nuts. Our proctor spelled it out each time C-R-I-S-C. *sigh* I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that it didn't have it on mine either and I was right there with you on the score.
  • jtkuhlmanjtkuhlman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So now I have CGEIT and CRISC from ISACA (many others) so I wonder about next steps. To be fair, with my CGEIT in 2012 I would say it has opened zero doors -- nor has ITIL expert or PgMP for that matter...There's little question that multiple certs don't add value for money -- but I would argue the lifecycle knowledge across these frameworks IS valuable to organizations, but I fear that's just what I tell myself. For me, I just like learning and understanding and the certs are just evidence of the work. I doubt anyone one here could prove that the cert itself got them a different, better, or more interesting job?
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□

yeah the typical ISACA test site will run

CISA - 80%
    CSIM - 10%
    CRISC - 3.5%
    CGEIT - 1.5%

:) its a higher level cert than the CISA in reality and there are more auditors than risk management types :)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I'm glad the wait is finally over. Passed CRISC. Time to start the paperwork.
  • zeroGzeroG Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISM, CISA, CRISC
    THANKS God.

I hear ya, brother. Same here, in exactly the same order. Except that I don't think "HE" had anything to do about it icon_wink.gif
  • Paul-777Paul-777 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fail...

Surprised in a way as I'd cleared CISM and CISA in the two previous exam windows.

Not sure if I'll bother redoing CRISC, I'd lined CISSP up next so should probably stick with that

Congrats to all those who did pass 😎
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My congrats to all those who passed. Now that CISA is out of the way, I've got the ISACA CRISC guide open in front of me.

icon_study.gif
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • tuxertuxer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Btw, CRISC passed with 575. First try. I did it in English (not native) with 3 months studying. Cngrats to everyone who passed the exam.
  • manaol2112manaol2112 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mind sharing your study materials please? I'm planning take the CRISC on June 2017. But my materials is outdated. Still in 2011 edition of the manual. Can someone help me get an updated material? My email address is manaol2112@gmail.com.

Thank you guys.