Options

Passed Net+

t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I finally got around to taking the net+ exam as I have been spending most of my time looking for work. icon_confused.gif Must thank again the authors of the tech notes, etc. Now on to Microsoft but I am not sure which one I am going to take first.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Now on to Microsoft but I am not sure which one I am going to take first.
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

It seems like the XP client one (70-270?) seems to be a popular starting point on the MS certs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrats :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely done!

Yah, the 270 is a good start for the MS exams, because most of us already use it on a regular basis.

Jumping right into say, massiver server ops or network design is a more of a stretch for some of us.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

I agree with the others. Take the XP Professional exam first. If this is a first IT job, then you will probably get a user support position and XP is being widely used now as the client of choice. However, the Windows 2000 Professional is still more widely used because of the cost of upgrading. And, the 2000 Pro exam can also be used as the client exam for the Windows 2003 Server MCSA/MCSE.

So, taking one of the clent exams first would be best--IMO.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki