Options

Age Range

GHOSTRIDER2016GHOSTRIDER2016 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Most people would ask why is a man like me studying I.T exams in his 50s. Well for a long time I was a chef !. Cuisine was close to my heart however I always had the inclinatin to get involved with technology. Hence me studying for these exams :). I really do believe an old dog can learn new tricks LOL.

Hope to be ready for take the Network plus exams before Christmas. Just curious as to how the exams has helped advance your career ? and what is the age range here ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I'm in my forties. I used exams as a way of forcing myself to bring my skills up to date, after becoming complacent and a bit of a dinosaur.
  • Options
    GHOSTRIDER2016GHOSTRIDER2016 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is exactly what the network plus exam has done for me. It has forced me to take to try and understand all these new concepts which can be rather overwelming at times. I use to have ZX81 computer as as kid if anyone remembers those icon_wink.gif
    I'm in my forties. I used exams as a way of forcing myself to bring my skills up to date, after becoming complacent and a bit of a dinosaur.
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The triad (A+, Net+, Sec+) as I like to call them, builds foundational knowledge. I've taken those 3 over 10 years ago but the information I gained from those exams have always shown up in future courses that I have taken or have been in the back of mind whenever i'm performing some function at work. Learning is a lifelong endeavor and the more you read and study, the more you realize that you still have lots to learn.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I am a woman in my 50s..Never give up on knowledge no matter how old you are. icon_smile.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....