Options

Coordinating CEU's for various certifications...

mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I'm pretty early in my certification path, but as I read the forums here I see some of you guys and girls with a half dozen or more intermediate or better certifications.

I'm curious how you keep track of the various renewal requirements, and specifically how you coordinate your continuing education in order to maximize the utility of the CEU's you gain.

It seems like once you get more than a handful of certifications, it would be a bit of a hassle to sort out what you need to do to maintain each certification without unnecessarily doubling up on things that could have counted for multiple certifications.

How do you organize this process?
CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Depends how organized you are, I am sure a simple spreadsheet could help, plus outlook calendar reminders (if use MS Outlook).
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's also good to be able to apply CEUs/CPEs across certs if you can. My CISSP and CISM CPEs are generally interchangeable.

Also, I try to be in the habit of regularly doing CEUs/CPEs... at least monthly, so I can constantly reevaluate if I'm a little behind or ahead.

Generally though, never a problem and I usually have well over double what I need.

Just my 2 cents.
    Joe