2nd time, passed phew

x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thanks to the forum admins here, mikej412, and the rest who gave advise or encouragement on my previous posts.

Well after failing the first time 7 days ago with 812, i bought the Boson CCNA package, went through all the labs over the weekend and reviewed the troubleshooting, vlan and switch areas on the practice tests.

Took the exam again yesterday and passed with 887.

I was using the Sybex 5th ed. be sure to get updates on router DR and BDR and NAT on their site. I would recommend getting the official Cisco Book though.

Initially used Semsim becuz at only $55 it was a lot cheaper than the Boson package at $330. Semsim didnt have enough labs, and not with the detail boson has. They also covered a lot of old technology that wasnt on the current exam. The practice tests on Boson are much better and there are a few thousand questions in there. Boson lab simulator is awesome. The practice Exams were extremely helpful. Haven't got a chance to watch the instructional videos yet. I'm pretty sure if I had used Boson initially I would have passed the first time becuz I got messed up on the simulator and troubleshoooting questions on the first test. My troubleshooting score went from 52%(1st attempt) to 78% (2nd attempt)

Comments