Hey guys/gals returning after a long hiatus and

ming746ming746 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello mates, I am returning to the IT world after a long absence due to a terrible drug addiction. I am not one to preach but stay away from opiates at all cost. Believe me when I tell you the derailing of your life due to it is almost impossible to recover from.

Now on to my question. I have already acquired two certifications from back in the early mid 2000s and have the work experience to back them up. Only electives though. A+ and Network+. I am going to start studying on my AD cert very soon and take up where I left off before my tragic mistake in judgement some years ago and was wondering what certs now days compliment the A.D cert?

Security+? Windows server? Cloud? Exchange?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and It feels good to have even a small rekindled spark in the fire that once drove me to excel
In IT and to be back amongst all of you studying and working hard to build a good
Life.

Thanks

Comments

• rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Welcome back and I hope that whatever drove you down that road is well and truly behind you and that now you can get on with the rest of your life.

We all hit a bump in the road from time to time, some bumps are bigger than others and some bumps turn out to be a very deep hole, of which it’s very hard to climb out of, but you’ve done it and you should be proud of that fact.

All the best for the future.
    No longer an active member
  • ming746ming746 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you

My mother passed away in September and with that said any of you that still have your mother please call her or go see her today and give a long hug and an I love you to her because the pain and hole it leaves you with is almost unbearable but with that said I'm finally starting to feel a drive and fire burning from within that hole to find my self again and correct my wrongs since my addiction took over and embrace the life lesson it provided me and carry it as a tool and a boon to reclaim all I've lost in that time instead of seeing it as a burden.

I'm both excited and anxious to get back my life,my health, both mentally and physically and keep my mind focused on the prize and my A.D certification is going to be one lof my main focuses with a goal in 2017 to squire my A.D then server and then exchange certifications and in the interim reclaim my health and self respect.

Thanks for welcoming me back. Hope you have a merry Christmas.