Options

Cloud finally paid off!

MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
I won't go into my back story and the frustration I have had this year by pursuing cloud certifications. I have enough previous posts that describe my struggles. Thankfully I can finally say it was well worth it- with a lot of hard work, some billable projects and the support of my leadership. Yesterday I was given a promotion from Security Engineer to Security Architect. It came with the biggest raise I have ever had, right under 32% salary increase and a bonus of 15k.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! That's a big move!
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, congrats, seems to be the year of promotions.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Absolutely a great year for the TE crew.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the promotion!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet! Congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Way to go :)

Hoping next year I'm promoted after finishing school
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job. Congrats!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the promotion!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Making boss moves right there. Congrats
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sweet! Congrats on your promotion! Your scenario and description is my own little personal goal here at work. I plan on getting a security architect role by 2018. I started with the company in late 2015, so one more year of cert collecting and kicking but here at the office and I will start hinting at them I want to be an Architect. ISSAP and SABSA knowledge should help big time!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

What are these bonus things everyone keeps talking about? I really need to move to the private sector...
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F