Options

Justifying 70-270 Exam

Well, my cheap a$$ boss wants a justification before he’ll sign my paperwork for me to get reimbursed for my 70-270 exam. It doesn’t even come out of his budget, it’s a corporate benefit but I need him to sign off on it.

I am a Storage Area Network System Engineer so there is no direct correlation between getting certified on XP and my current job. The server stuff I can justify, I allocate storage to VMS, AIX, and Windows server / cluster, but I need justification for the 70-270.

Does anyone have some BS I can pass along to my pencil pushing, nickel squeezing, cheap a$$ manager?

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    could you get away with saying one is a prereq for the other?

Tell him it would help you further the concepts for your SAN designs :).

Worst case, just be glad they pay for any of it. I had to take out a big loan for my classes and still pay for the exams out of pocket.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well, if you intend to go for a MCSA or MCSE then you could make the justification that it is a required exam to attain either of those, which do have relevance to someone dealing with MS servers.
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tell him this:-

You needed to do 70-270 as part of the prep for MCSA in 2k3. =]