Options

Work Attire/Style change

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    are you Van Heusen fans wearing a tie too? I also need either XLT or XXLT, and I find a hard time finding the shirts with sleeves for my monkey arms. I might check out these VH shirts, but dont want it to rub my neck raw
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used to wear nice clothes to work. I don't do it anymore as my workplace can be very dirty at times. From wine/grape juice to tons of dirt and dust. Now, it's t-shirt and jeans, which is appropriate for the area. When I go to the corporate offices, it's jeans and a polo. I have worn a nice suit before, though. Just for "casual Friday". I didn't want it to go to waste.

If I were in a strict office environment, I'd have a different style. A nice pair of slacks, nice shoes (I like shoes), nice button up shirt, and maybe a tie. I really enjoy dressing up. It gives me more confidence and I'm more outgoing.

I do like the casual aspect of the job, too, though. I can always be comfortable... I even got to bring in my puppy once. :)
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    are you Van Heusen fans wearing a tie too? I also need either XLT or XXLT, and I find a hard time finding the shirts with sleeves for my monkey arms. I might check out these VH shirts, but dont want it to rub my neck raw

VH makes several different materials and weights of shirts, I have been wearing them since the early 90s... as far as the nooses go, only under extreme duress :D I always wear a real tie and not a clip, that way you can leave the top button undone... really dont need to with VHs but... :D

Also, check out JCPs store brand Foundry shirts... not all as dressy as the VHs, but are great for days you dont have to have a tie on, maybe even then...
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Usually slacks and a button up for me to work with a black belt and black shoes. Properly fit (so not baggy)
    It isnt required but I always been told dress how I want to be seen and I am not overdoing it. Just makes me feel good and look nice.

Polos during the summer if hot as dickens out.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you want a break from black dress shoes while wearing slacks, try canvas dress shoes.
    Im literally addicted to this brand from spain. Maians. Take a look at their styles. Men - Maians North America

No more stink foot. no more hard shoes bending leather.
    These are like TOMS if they made dress shoes.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »

I don't wear ties for work however, on occasion I do wear one, and haven't had any issues. I will also add the VH and Haggar stuff seem to hold up pretty well.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    5.11 pants and polo shirt.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS